Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Did some more geekbench scores - everything normal in bios: single 5937 - multi 24546 /// multiplier set to x47 in bios : single 5938 - multi 26177

I think that's a too low score for this cpu (8700k), any tips on settings in BIOS or anything I´m missing or doing wrong?
Screenshot of Intel Power Gadget during geekbench.
These scores look fine. You can always experiment with over clocking if higher performance in real world apps is really necessary. I think the multicore scores you’re getting now are nothing to worry about. Also keep in mind that for top-notch performance, the i9-9900K is available now at a discounted price.

If I want to temporarily disable GPU slot 1, which changes would I have to make in SSDT-Designare-Z390-Disable-Slot-2-GPU.aml in MaciASL?

@CaseySJ
Hi, I just updated the OS to 10.4.5 and switched out the RX 580 with a Vega 64 today. Boots up well except that the graphics is sluggish, especially playback from Adobe Premiere Pro (my main software). My apologies, the system was perfect since I first build it according to your initial guide. It's been a long time and I have not been keeping up to date with changes in the setting. thank you.

Q1
Changing SMBIOS
My current SMBIOS is Mac mini 8.1.
I understand that I need to change it to iMac 19.1 as I'm on OS 10.4.5 now.
I just select the iMac 19,1 in Config.plist? There's also a iMac 19,2 option( I7-8700 3.2Ghz). Shall I choose 19,2 since I'm using the i7 -8700? Do I need to generate a new serial number?

Q2
Set Headless Platform
Mini-Guide: Using Hackintool to Set Headless Platform ID 0x3E980003 ***
Sorry, I'm confused with the guide.

Can I set it in the config.plist/graphics?

If i want to temporarily disable GPU slot 1: Which changes would I have to make in SSDT-Designare-Z390-Disable-Slot-2-GPU.aml in MaciASL?
Replace PEG1 with PEG0.

@CaseySJ
Hi, I just updated the OS to 10.4.5 and switched out the RX 580 with a Vega 64 today. Boots up well except that the graphics is sluggish, especially playback from Adobe Premiere Pro (my main software). My apologies, the system was perfect since I first build it according to your initial guide. It's been a long time and I have not been keeping up to date with changes in the setting. thank you.

Q1
Changing SMBIOS
My current SMBIOS is Mac mini 8.1.
I understand that I need to change it to iMac 19.1 as I'm on OS 10.4.5 now.
I just select the iMac 19,1 in Config.plist? There's also a iMac 19,2 option( I7-8700 3.2Ghz). Shall I choose 19,2 since I'm using the i7 -8700? Do I need to generate a new serial number?

Q2
Set Headless Platform
Mini-Guide: Using Hackintool to Set Headless Platform ID 0x3E980003 ***
Sorry, I'm confused with the guide.

Can I set it in the config.plist/graphics?
It’s not necessary to change SMBIOS even for the latest 10.14.6 update. Instead, we should delete any RX580 SSDT from CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder and set platform ID to 0x3E980003.

In a multi-GPU system Adobe applications tend to choose the GPU based on alphabetical order of the name. Changing “Vega 64” to “AMD Vega 64” will ensure that it gets selected over the “Intel UHD630”. Please see:

Give these suggestions a try and let us know if you need help with any part.

Last edited:
I can't boot with 0x3E980003 but I can boot with 0x3E9B0007. 0x3E980003 is the closest ig-platform-id for my system. Why can't I make a boot with this platform id?

Hi guys - I installed my new Fenvi t919 card and now WiFi works but Bluetooth doesn't. It says Bluetooth not available.
I know with my old card, which I replaced, the Bluetooth was working (not the WiFi).

Did I get a faulty card, any ideas?

Also, the Clover doesn't boot into macOS anymore. I have to physically go to the HDD and select it. Did I press something wrong?!? It used to load straight into Mojave after staying on the Clover boot screen for 3 second countdown.

Thanks for your help.

I can't boot with 0x3E980003 but I can boot with 0x3E9B0007. 0x3E980003 is the closest ig-platform-id for my system. Why can't I make a boot with this platform id?
Both of those platform IDs are correct for your system. One is headless and the other is not. Because you have the RX560, we recommend switching the iGPU to headless mode with platform ID 0x3E980003.

In BIOS, Initial Display Output should be set to PCIe Slot 1 where the AMD GPU is installed.

If the system does not boot, please post your config.plist (you may redact serial numbers from SMBIOS).

Hi guys - I installed my new Fenvi t919 card and now WiFi works but Bluetooth doesn't. It says Bluetooth not available.
I know with my old card, which I replaced, the Bluetooth was working (not the WiFi).

Did I get a faulty card, any ideas?

Also, the Clover doesn't boot into macOS anymore. I have to physically go to the HDD and select it. Did I press something wrong?!? It used to load straight into Mojave after staying on the Clover boot screen for 3 second countdown.

Thanks for your help.
When you replaced the WiFi/BT Card, did you shutdown the system AND disconnect power cable (or flip power switch on PSU)?

Some suggestions:
  • Shutdown system and remove power cable for 10 seconds.
  • Reconnect and reboot.
  • Check that Bluetooth data cable is plugged into F_USB internal header on motherboard.
  • Finally, please see this post:

Last edited:
Back