Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@khaoskosmos @DJEarthworm,

Good questions about the USB splitters:
  • The 2-port splitter uses only 1 of the two USB ports from F_USB (either HS11 or HS12, but not both). This is why we see only 4 wires. It adds a USB hub to that port.
  • The 4-port splitter is more useful, and that’s the one we should use if we’re going to connect both internal and external devices. This version uses 8 wires and connects a USB hub to HS11 and another hub to HS12. We must connect all internal devices to ONE of these ports, and all external devices to the other. If internal devices are connected to HS11, for example, then we must set its type to 255 and set HS12 to type 0. This is done in the USB SSDT by modifying the value for “Type”.
  • In both cases, the total number of USB ports “seen by macOS” remains unchanged because USB hubs count as 1 port. Therefore macOS only sees HS11 and HS12 even though each of them can be split into multiple physical ports.

Audio question:
After getting all the USBs running, I am now lacking audio out. It used to work before I put all the kexts for the Fractal Design R6 in place. Now the only audio device it shows me is my HDMI monitor. Before at least the jack at the front would power my headphones. Now that I got speakers, none of the jacks works. Nothing gets displayed in the settings.
As always, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

This might require a soft CMOS reset as follows: Shutdown system and remove power cable from wall (or flip power supply switch to OFF position) for 10 seconds.

Okay, so that was the problem. You are a beast. Anyway, since I can boot into my working system (except Bluetooth), I will provide the information that you requested from my original post.

Yes it could be problem with USB configuration. Please do two things:
  • Post a screenshot of the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder from EFI partition of Mojave SSD.
  • Download and run IORegistryExplorer then select File —> Save As... and upload the saved file.
Okay, so I took a Screenshot and saved the IORegistry File.

Attachments

• Ferdinand’s iMac IORegistrExplorer.ioreg
    15.9 MB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 15.41.55.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 15.41.55.png
    316.5 KB · Views: 66
Hello everyone, a very strange thing happened to me ... After having a system that worked almost perfectly, I left my Hackintosh (version 10.14.4 to be updated to 10.14.6, that is already downloaded automatically) without power for a month about. Yesterday at power-up, not carried out by me, the update probably started because Clover didn't appear at all. Then it was forcibly turned off and now I don't understand why starting it it turns off and on all the time, first once just after pressing the power button, and then after 20 seconds, the card seems to have a problem because I don't have any video output from my monitor via DP (RX580). I can't even get into the bios, no video. I tried to connect both the thunderbolt and HDMI of the motherboard but nothing. I have no more videos. Please help me, I would not like to have lost everything.

Recently I experienced a similar situation, maybe not exactly the same.

After not using 1 or 2 days, I booted the computer but it repeatedly restarts itself, without going to POST or BIOS screens. Turned out one of the DIMM RAM module was dead, after using it for 2 months. Got a replacement and for now it's working as it's supposed to be.

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB Dual Kit (2x16GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 (CMK32GX4M2B3000C15)

If it's not related to GPU, try to boot your computer only with the CPU and one RAM module connected (to A1 or B1 slot). But first of all, check the LEDs on the right bottom, if any of them lights up (after the first flashes of course), that is the problem.

Last edited:
Thank you. I’m specifically interested in Safari, and also if iTunes video content works. I see a lot of reported issues for DRM related to those two issues
I don't have Netflix, but I can watch music video's in iTunes. I do have an Apple Music subscription. I don't know anything about DRM, but does this answer your question?

Audio question:
After getting all the USBs running, I am now lacking audio out. It used to work before I put all the kexts for the Fractal Design R6 in place. Now the only audio device it shows me is my HDMI monitor. Before at least the jack at the front would power my headphones. Now that I got speakers, none of the jacks works. Nothing gets displayed in the settings.
May seem obvious but have you tried removing the kexts for the R6 and seeing if you get audio back?

I have a Lacie d2 Thunderbolt 2 4TB external drive, and it's causing my hack to freeze when attempting to read any files from it. Is there a proper way to diagnose what's going on? It scares me when everything freezes and I have to restart.

Tried hooking up the same drive through its USB 3.0 port into the hack and it's working great without any freezes. Could it be because the Designare's TB ports show up as internal? When using the d2 through USB 3.0, the drive shows up as external.
The LaCie D2 4TB drive is being used successfully by others such as @carloshferrari so I think the problem may be specific to your system. Have you tried connecting it to a real Mac or another TB-capable Hack?

Are the TB cables and adapters securely connected? Perhaps unplug and reconnect TB cable and TB3-to-TB2 adapter.

Also run Disk Utility and choose the First Aid icon from the icon bar.

Audio question:
One step forward, two steps back. I know the feeling.

On-board audio is not affected by USB-related SSDTs and kexts, so any correlation to them is coincidental.

On-board audio is, however, governed by Lilu and AppleALC. We should install the latest officially released versions from acidanthera’s github website. When installing them into /Library/Extensions, we must always run Kext Utility to rebuild the kernel cache.

Next, we can check whether these kexts have been loaded as follows:
  • In Terminal, type: kextstat | grep -v apple
  • In System Preferences —> Sound, check whether on-board sound is available in the Output page.

Regarding Internal USB hub. I use NZXT Internal USB 2.0 Hub, it works well. Uses one MOLEX connector for power, however. I wish it used SATA instead. It got three internal and two external USB connectors.

I've plugged the WiFi+BT cable internal USB cable, and the H115i Pro internal USB cable to it. I used to have a PSU with smart functions, that I plugged with it as well. Quite nice.

Back