Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The only downside is that Final Cut Pro and iMovie will crash upon launch.
Ah ! Yes, I loose like 2 seconds during BruceX if I disable iGPU, so maybe will have to live with that. Thanks, we were able to identify the issue though, for ultrafine 5k or may be any thunderbolt display to work, we will have to disable iGFX.

Ah ! Yes, I loose like 2 seconds during BruceX if I disable iGPU, so maybe will have to live with that. Thanks, we were able to identify the issue though, for ultrafine 5k or may be any thunderbolt display to work, we will have to disable iGFX.
Thanks to you for running the experiment -- it gives us additional insight!

For those who don't use Final Cut Pro or iMovie (such as me) it would be sufficient to use 0x3E9B0007 (non-headless). For video editors it would be necessary to disable the iGPU, but with a powerful discrete GPU taking its place, it need not be a downgrade.

Hi, I might of spoke to soon, I'm having audio issues, I have a iiyama prolite display with built in speakers, connected with display port through radeon vii the sound works for a bit then breaks / gets distorted or sometimes just stops completely. i've updated AppleALC and Lilu - tried this fix:

gigabyte z390 designare motherboard - please help! thanks

I just ran: http://cvad-mac.narod.ru/index/0-4 (kext cache remover is it?) - I've so much to learn on these hackintosh things... but these has solved my problem. Line In and Out have appeared, Headphone, etc. I will report back any issues!

If anyone knows of a Thuderbolt fix though, I'd be very interested to hear!

Is that OK? - I'm completely new to this. It's my first build. I'm a long time Mac buyer / user, and they have just priced me out. So hackintosh all the way!

Hi, I might of spoke to soon, I'm having audio issues, I have a iiyama prolite display with built in speakers, connected with display port through radeon vii the sound works for a bit then breaks / gets distorted or sometimes just stops completely. i've updated AppleALC and Lilu - tried this fix:

gigabyte z390 designare motherboard - please help! thanks
Maybe stupid question, but have you checked System Prefs -> Sound? There are quite a few sound outputs!

Maybe stupid question, but have you checked System Prefs -> Sound? There are quite a few sound outputs!
Did all that. I had no output options at all. I ran a kext cache remover, and that seems to of done the trick though.

Did all that. I had no output options at all. I ran a kext cache remover, and that seems to of done the trick though.
None? Besides my 2 LG's I have 4!

sound.png

Back