Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Yes it will run High Sierra, but some parts of the procedure will change. Because I have not installed HS myself, it is best to search this thread for “High Sierra” to get some good information from those who have gone before you.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Hi.
I have a problem when installing version 10.4.6
When I turn on my computer, I don't see the Clover to choose a boot disk, nor can I access the BIOS.
Can somebody help me.
Greetings.
Luisan
Some comments and questions:
  • Are you doing a fresh installation of 10.14.6?
  • Have you just recently assembled the hardware and connected all the cables?
    • Have you connected the 8-pin CPU power cable to the ATX_12V_2X4 connector near the top left of the motherboard?
      Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 8.01.16 AM.png
  • There are 4 small LEDs on the bottom right. Do they all turn off shortly after powering-on the system?
    • If not, which one remains on?
      Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 7.58.16 AM.png
  • Do you see the Gigabyte splash screen or anything on the monitor when you power on the system?

I checked that and there was a difference under Audio. Inject was set to No instead of 16
However I wasn't having any problems with sound and setting it to 16 made no difference, which I don't understand.
Thanks for the check though
Oh sorry, this wasn't ment as a solution to your problem. I ment it in general... ;)

@CaseySJ What is slide=0 boot parameter responsible for? At the moment I am running iMacPro1,1 with OsxAptioFixDrv.efi and no slide=0 to test. Everything seems to be working fine. How can I check for possible errors without slide=0
The impact of slide=0 occurs at the very start of the boot process. Either the system will boot or it will abort right away. Because your system is booting up correctly with the configuration you have, there's nothing to worry about.

The purpose of slide is to help the system find a contiguous block of memory large enough for the kernel. With AptioMemoryFix, there is no need for slide because it is designed to handle this task more rigorously than other memory fix drivers. With OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000, we specify slide=0 (or slide=N, where we can calculate N using a relatively simple procedure) based on trial-and-error.

Last edited:
Hi Caesy, got a strange problem - the time on my new hack goes automatically to Cupertino, and I can't change the time zone either. So I manually entered the right time in Europe but after restart it went back to the same issue

Any ideas what it could be? checked my work several times now...

thx mate
Time was incorrect on my build as well, but I just needed to change the time zone.
You'll have to click the padlock and enter your password before the system will allow you to change it
@gundogg9999, let us know if you still have a problem with time zone.

CaseySJ, you save my life :) This is a perfect description. Everything working well.
A thought: The Bios mod CSM Support → Enabled for me. If I turn disabled this, the mainboard can't starting.
MacOs version 10.14.6

Last edited:
Following up my own post, the same error regarding ACPI and \_TZ.TZ10._STA is still there after a fresh install
It was there during the first boot from the USB install disk, so something isn't quite right from the word go
Just a thought, I'm on BIOS F7 could this have changed anything?

The error lines come up pretty early in the boot - do they show on your system as well - if not, which BIOS are you on?
They don't seem to have any ill effects on anything so maybe they've been missed by others as well?
Re-flashing the BIOS sounds reasonable at this point. BIOS parameters will need to be configured once again. I'm still on F6, but some have updated to F7.

This particular ACPI error rolls off the screen very quickly. How did you notice it? Does it have any adverse effects when macOS is up and running?

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
If you encounter any problems, let us know. At least two or three people here have installed High Sierra.

Alas, my somewhat opinionated mind (and who doesn't have an opinionated mind?) refuses to perpetuate the past. High Sierra will be two generations behind when Catalina is released next month (or shortly thereafter).

I abandoned my 2008 Mac Pro and built this Hackintosh precisely because I was eager to embrace the most current and future technologies. So I let others provide the help needed for installation of past operating systems! ;)

CaseySJ, you save my life :) This is a perfect description. Everything working well.
A thought: The Bios mod CSM Support → Enabled for me. If I turn disabled this, the mainboard can't starting.
MacOs version 10.14.6
Glad to hear it and welcome to the forum! Some graphics card (your Nitro+ being a good case in point) won't function without CSM Support being enabled. There's no harm in turning this on. But if your GPU works without CSM Support, we recommend CSM Support to be disabled because this allows the system to be more UEFI-compliant.

Re-flashing the BIOS sounds reasonable at this point. BIOS parameters will need to be configured once again. I'm still on F6, but some have updated to F7.

This particular ACPI error rolls off the screen very quickly. How did you notice it? Does it have any adverse effects when macOS is up and running?
I looked through the log files using Terminal, as I thought I'd seen the word error flash by. I was correct
Once you know where it is it's not too difficult to see it during boot as the text stops rolling for a second
As far as I can see it has no effect on the running of OS X whatsoever - just bugs me that it's there :(

Back