Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

That is okay. Happened to me as well.

If this is a brand new installation then yes this makes sense. Remember my new favorite quote: :)

The tiniest of details can have the mightiest of consequences.

In other words, take your time. Double-check every step along the way.
Also READ! Don't look at the pictures alone! ;)

In the Post installation part there is a checkbox that you should enable, the picture doesn't mention this (tip @CaseySJ)
Now we make some changes to Devices. The native iGPU on 9th gen Coffee Lake is 3E988086, which is not supported in MacOS 10.14.2 and 10.14.3. So we "fake" it to its closest cousin, which is 3E928086. But the iGPU is fully supported in macOS 10.14.4 and later so we do not fake the ID and leave it as 0x0. We also enable FixOwnership for USB, Inject 16 for Audio, and enable ResetHDA.
full

Last edited:
Couple questions:
- Will the Z390 Designare run High Sierra? I'm trying to avoid replacing my NVidia GPU for now.

- Could I approximate this build with an 8700K? Mainly I want to add TB3 support to an existing build (currently Z370)
Yes it will run High Sierra, but some parts of the procedure will change. Because I have not installed HS myself, it is best to search this thread for “High Sierra” to get some good information from those who have gone before you.

Question for i9-9900k with Designare owners: My CPU ceiling seems to be 4.7GHz. When will it hit 5? I only have the ATX 12V 2x4 power connected and not the 2x2 (understood this was only for overclocking), could this have something to do with it? I don't want to overclock, but was under the impression that 5GHz was the natural ceiling.

Screenshot is when working in Lightroom
HWMonitor.png

Alas my system continues to reject everything but OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000... C'est la vie.

It is now being reported that the 'Clover developers' re-labelled OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 as MemoryFix!!

I will cross-out my post and remove the attachment.

Hi.
I have a problem when installing version 10.4.6
When I turn on my computer, I don't see the Clover to choose a boot disk, nor can I access the BIOS.
Can somebody help me.
Greetings.
Luisan

Also READ! Don't look at the pictures alone! ;)

In the Post installation part there is a checkbox that you should enable, the picture doesn't mention this (tip @CaseySJ)
I checked that and there was a difference under Audio. Inject was set to No instead of 16
However I wasn't having any problems with sound and setting it to 16 made no difference, which I don't understand.
Thanks for the check though

Hi Caesy, got a strange problem - the time on my new hack goes automatically to Cupertino, and I can't change the time zone either. So I manually entered the right time in Europe but after restart it went back to the same issue

Any ideas what it could be? checked my work several times now...

thx mate

@CaseySJ What is slide=0 boot parameter responsible for? At the moment I am running iMacPro1,1 with OsxAptioFixDrv.efi and no slide=0 to test. Everything seems to be working fine. How can I check for possible errors without slide=0

Same outcome I'm afraid
I have noticed that my CPU is recognised as an i9 instead of i7 - not sure if that's any clue or not

I'm going to do a fresh install to see if I can clear it that way - fingers crossed
If not I'll have to put up with knowing that error message is there (even though the system seems to work perfectly)

Thanks for your help, I'll let you know how it goes
Following up my own post, the same error regarding ACPI and \_TZ.TZ10._STA is still there after a fresh install
It was there during the first boot from the USB install disk, so something isn't quite right from the word go
Just a thought, I'm on BIOS F7 could this have changed anything?

The error lines come up pretty early in the boot - do they show on your system as well - if not, which BIOS are you on?
They don't seem to have any ill effects on anything so maybe they've been missed by others as well?

Hi Caesy, got a strange problem - the time on my new hack goes automatically to Cupertino and I can't change the time zone either. So I manually entered the right time in Europe but after restart it went back to the same issue

Any ideas what it could be? checked my work several times now...

thx mate
Time was incorrect on my build as well, but I just needed to change the time zone.
You'll have to click the padlock and enter your password before the system will allow you to change it

Back