Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Please try attached file, but copy serial numbers into PlatformInfo before use.

SecureBootModel is set to Default.

Press and release CMD-V at OpenCore boot picker to enable verbose mode. Let's see if there's any clue as to what's causing the problem.

Also, please list all devices installed inside (PCIe, USB, NVMe) and outside the system (via Thunderbolt and USB).
Thanks! I'll check this tonight when I get off work, and I'll tell you.

This might be a dumb question, but you mentioned external HDD & USB 3.0

1. Which USB port is your HDD attached to on the z390 board ?
I've had some really odd lockups when I used a USB 3.0 stick on a USB 2 port on this board.

2. Some WD drives used to have an issue where they went into sleep mode.
This was a few years ago, so I don't know if that's still an issue.

3. Also post a screenshot of your BIOS USB settings, just in case.
1- I tested in the USB 3.0 ports.

3- I send them to you tonight.

Thanks!

1- I tested in the USB 3.0 ports.

3- I send them to you tonight.

Thanks!

My current USB configuration is as follows & may or may not help
  1. Legacy USB Support = Enabled
  2. XHCI Hand-off = Enabled //This was disabled & causing all my issues in OpenCore
  3. USB Mass Storage Driver Support = Enabled
  4. Port 60/64 Emulation = Disabled

Please try attached file, but copy serial numbers into PlatformInfo before use.

SecureBootModel is set to Default.

Press and release CMD-V at OpenCore boot picker to enable verbose mode. Let's see if there's any clue as to what's causing the problem.

Also, please list all devices installed inside (PCIe, USB, NVMe) and outside the system (via Thunderbolt and USB).

Finally, it works! @CaseySJ @madmax559, I followed the Monterey installation, and it froze at the same place. Then I did the Ventura installation on another USB and this time it worked!

Thanks for your patience!

Finally, it works! @CaseySJ @madmax559, I followed the Monterey installation, and it froze at the same place. Then I did the Ventura installation on another USB and this time it worked!

Thanks for your patience!

Are both the external USB drives you are using the exact same model ?
I'm trying to understand how it got solved

ie. When you press cmd+v where did it stop on Monterey ? What line ?
Please post this so it helps someone else

Also, you are very welcome, though really all the kudos should go to CaseySJ, since this entire gigantic thread is really the result of his hard work & quite a few installs have worked due to his responses

Ok, I just left blank all details about system.
The EFI folder looks fine -- no issues that I can see. The kernel quirk ForceAquantiaEthernet is enabled, but if you don't have a 10GbE Ethernet card, it's better to disable the quirk.

I would suggest disconnecting the wired Ethernet cable. Just use WiFi to complete the Welcome wizard.

If that does not help, please list all the devices connected internally and externally so we can hopefully rule them out.

Are both the external USB drives you are using the exact same model ?
I'm trying to understand how it got solved

ie. When you press cmd+v where did it stop on Monterey ? What line ?
Please post this so it helps someone else

Also, you are very welcome, though really all the kudos should go to CaseySJ, since this entire gigantic thread is really the result of his hard work & quite a few installs have worked due to his responses
- I have the installation system on a USB stick (Corsair USB 64GB), and I have installed it on a Western Digital Black 5TB hard drive USB 3.0.

- When I did CMD+V I did not do it well in Monterey. (The Apple came out, and the codes did not come out.) I did an installation of Ventura. I changed the hard drive to another USB port (the Red port), and the installation was successful.

- I have the installation system on a USB stick (Corsair USB 64GB), and I have installed it on a Western Digital Black 5TB hard drive USB 3.0.

- When I did CMD+V I did not do it well in Monterey. (The Apple came out, and the codes did not come out.) I did an installation of Ventura. I changed the hard drive to another USB port (the Red port), and the installation was successful.

Were you using the Yellow USB port before? Those are the DAC ports, and the Blue ones are USB 3.0.

Per Casey's port map image on page 1, the Red USB port is USB 3.1 Gen 2 (also written on back panel).
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-gigabyte-designare-z390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.316533/

I think your issue might have been the port than the WD drive, but, since you are now on Ventura & everything is working, then all is good.

Were you using the Yellow USB port before ? Those are the DAC ports & the Blue ones are USB 3.0

Per Casey's port map image on page 1, the red usb port is USB 3.1 Gen 2 (also written on back panel)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-gigabyte-designare-z390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.316533/

I think your issue might have been the port than the WD drive, but since you are now on Ventura & everything is working, then all is good
Before that I used the front USB from my case in 2 times and same error(freeze). After I used with a prologation USB 3.0 connected on red USB port. Also, error freeze ...maybe the problem its the front USB from my case...I don't know....or the prolongator USB or my old EFI file?

Back