Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Bonjour y'all!
I have just updated to "Custom BIOS F9i with Latest Intel Micro Code, 0xEA"
PLUS opencore 0.7.0.
and almost everything is cool.
The only thing I noticed is that I lost Thunderbolt Hot Swap.
Now I have to reboot in order for drives to show up.
Anyone else experiencing this?
I checked my BIOS and all settings are correct according to @CaseySJ specs.

No it doesnt. Now the startup is taking forever and the desktop is black for a while and then my background pic loads. I attached my EF just incase.

The Resources folder is empty. Simply download the EFI ZIP file from the 0.7.0 mini-guide and copy the replaces your Resources folder with the one inside the ZIP.

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 1.20.59 PM.png

Wait... there are more problems. One moment.

Update: Please try the attached EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
We need only one SSDT for the on-board Thunderbolt controller,
also not sure if we need next SSDTs
SSDT-EC-USBX, SSDT-PM, SSDT-PMC, SSDT-RX 5700 XT-Version 1.0, SSDT-UIAC, SSDT-XOSI, SSDT-AWAC

OpenHfsPlus.efi is not recommended for the moment
Bootstrap is now part of OpenCore.efi

You have USBPorts.kext
Casey created custom USBInjectAll-xyz.kexts for this motherboard (one for Mojave and another one for Catalina and +)
I have the TR-TB3 controller which is why I need the additional ssdt. The custom USB kext didn't work for my system. Both of which Casey helped me build. I have removed the following SSDTs

"SSDT-EC-USBX, SSDT-PM, SSDT-PMC, SSDT-RX 5700 XT-Version 1.0, SSDT-UIAC, SSDT-XOSI, SSDT-AWAC"

Removed OpenHfsPlus.efi and replaced it with HfsPlus.efi

Removed bootstrap.

I am still experiencing the same issues.

The Resources folder is empty. Simply download the EFI ZIP file from the 0.7.0 mini-guide and copy the replaces your Resources folder with the one inside the ZIP.

View attachment 521399

Weird. I copied and pasted the resource and tools from OpenCore 0.7.0.

I just added them. Let me reboot.

Did your PC restarted (not like a "normal" restart) after that ?
YEs my PC restarted and booted back to the same OpencCore screen to select the OS I want to boot into asI am using triple boot on this system Linux, Windows and Hackintosh. Everything is working fine except I am unable to update OpenCore to 0.7.0

View attachment 521399

I am still getting slow startup and the black screen thing.

I am still getting slow startup and the black screen thing.
What is the black screen thing? The more precise the answer, the better we can help.

YEs my PC restarted and booted back to the same Opencore screen to select the OS I want to boot into As I am using triple boot on this system Linux Windows and Hackintosh. Everything is working fine except I am unable to update OpenCore to 7.0
I just copied your EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash disk, copied my serial numbers into config.plist, and booted the computer with no issues. The OpenCanopy Picker says REL-070-2021-06-07, which is correct.

Please check the following:
  • BIOS F9g or F9i
If problem persists, perform a CMOS Reset then configure BIOS parameters again, starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). Remember to disable CFG-Lock from Boot section of BIOS.

I just copied your EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash disk, copied my serial numbers into config.plist, and booted the computer with no issues. The OpenCanopy Picker says REL-070-2021-06-07, which is correct.
Same here!
There was an issue with OC 0.6.7/0.6.8 related to OC Version
Maybe a cold boot is needed?

What is the black screen thing? The more precise the answer, the better we can help.
The screen turn completely black for about 15 seconds. The computer mouse is slow and apps are loading slowly as well. Any open folders take 15-30 seconds to load the icons. This isn't normal behavior for this machine.

Back