Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Casey helped me create my EFI. The items you highlighted TB3-NEw, and the ssdt tbs-v5 and it was working flawlessly prior to the upgrade to OC 0.7.0. Would you be able to point out what is not configured properly?
We need only one SSDT for the on-board Thunderbolt controller,
also not sure if we need next SSDTs
SSDT-EC-USBX, SSDT-PM, SSDT-PMC, SSDT-RX 5700 XT-Version 1.0, SSDT-UIAC, SSDT-XOSI, SSDT-AWAC

OpenHfsPlus.efi is not recommended for the moment
Bootstrap is now part of OpenCore.efi

You have USBPorts.kext
Casey created custom USBInjectAll-xyz.kexts for this motherboard (one for Mojave and another one for Catalina and +)

Not necessary to reinstall the OS because the OS is completely independent of the OpenCore boot loader. OS is installed in APFS partition and OpenCore is installed in EFI partition.

Please mount the EFI partition, expand the following folders, and post a screenshot:
  • EFI/BOOT
  • EFI/OC
As you guided share the information that you asked for. Please find the screenshot for the same

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 01.00.31.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 01.00.31.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 50
As you guided share the information that you asked for. Please find the screenshot for the same
As I can see you are using HackinDROM App, so please Create a Report Archive and post the zip file created on you Desktop
Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 21.33.21.png

Attachments

• ReportEFI_OC0.6.8_188.zip
    51.4 MB · Views: 41
Hello everyone. I've made a couple different Big Sur installers with this latest OC 070 EFI that will be going onto a blank APFS-formatted Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB SSD.

I'm having a real problem with the installer hanging at ~5% of progress at the initial, boot after the OS has been installed. I have the EFI setup in verbose mode, but the verbosity disappears right before the hang. I can see disk activity happening, but it's constant and doesn't change over several hours.

I've replicated this problem 4 times with different Big Sur installers. I even tried installing Catalina (which worked) first, then "upgrading" online to Big Sur (same fail) I tried it with another SSD directly attached to the PC, instead of Thunderbolt. Same deal.

This EFI and machine is the Z390 build I'm using with great success with Mojave.
FWIW, I've been using PlistEdit Pro for editing my OC configurations, not OCC.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 62
Hello everyone. I've made a couple different BigSur installers with this latest OC 070 EFI that will be going onto a blank APFS-formatted Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB ssd.

I'm having a real problem with the installer hanging at ~5% of progress at the initial, boot after the OS has been installed. I have the EFI setup in verbose mode, but the verbosity disappears right before the hang. I can see disk activity happening, but it's constant and doesn't change over several hours.

I've replicated this problem 4 times with different Big Sur installers. I even tried installing Catalina (which worked) first, then "upgrading" online to Big Sur (same fail) I tried it with another SSD directly attached to the PC, instead of Thunderbolt. Same deal.

This EFI and machine is the Z390 build I'm using with great success with Mojave.
FWIW, I've been using PlistEdit Pro for editing my OC configurations, not OCC.
Hello,
Have you tried without SSDT-RX580.aml and NVMe.kext ?

Hello,
Have you tried without SSDT-RX580.aml and NVMe.kext ?
Thanks. Let me try that now and I'll post back in a while.

Update: Same issue, no change.

Last edited:
Could you please describe how you reset NVRAM and what happened after doing that ?
At the Bootscreen of Open core I press spacebar there I got an option of resetnvram from there I reset the nvram

At the Bootscreen of Open core I press spacebar there I got an option of resetnvram from there I reset the nvram
Did your PC restarted (not like a "normal" restart) after that ?

Back