Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi,

I haven't updated my system for the last year, and still on clover and Mojave 10.14.6. Just for the sake of stability, I didn't touch anything. But now I am planning to update clover to Opencore using hackindrom. Before that I am taking a fresh bootable backup.

I will be updating it to Catalina. May be updating bios also. So can you guys pls tell me what is the latest stable bios without any issues.

Thank you

Hi,

I haven't updated my system for the last year, and still on clover and Mojave 10.14.6. Just for the sake of stability, I didn't touch anything. But now I am planning to update clover to Opencore using hackindrom. Before that I am taking a fresh bootable backup.

I will be updating it to Catalina. May be updating bios also. So can you guys pls tell me what is the latest stable bios without any issues.

Thank you
Please see the highlighted items:
Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 11.48.08 AM.png

Nah. It is still saying the same thing. I reset the NVRAM and it is still the same.

Nah. It is still saying the same thing. I reset the NVRAM and it is still the same.

At the OpenCanopy Picker, does it say 0.7.0 in small letters in the bottom right corer?

At the OpenCanopy Picker, does it say 0.7.0 in small letters in the bottom right corer?

No it doesnt. Now the startup is taking forever and the desktop is black for a while and then my background pic loads. I attached my EF just incase.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 67
No it doesnt. Now the startup is taking forever and the desktop is black for a while and then my background pic loads. I attached my EF just incase.

your EFI's bootloader is OpenCore 0.7.0

How you have created your EFI folder ?
Looks like it is not completely correctly configured
Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 21.04.16.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 21.04.46.png

Are you using Casey's folder ?

No I had created my own, with some generic items from Casey and Baughman. What app are you using to pull that menu?
Theres any reason to not use Casey's EFI ? This is one of bests created EFI in hackintosh history
the app is HackinDROM

Theres any reason to not use Casey's EFI ? This is one of bests created EFI in hackintosh history
the app is HackinDROM

Casey helped me create my EFI. The items you highlighted TB3-NEw, and the ssdt tbs-v5 and it was working flawlessly prior to the upgrade to OC 0.7.0. Would you be able to point out what is not configured properly?

Back