Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Which describes the speed correction of TB-port?
If you use the SSDT included in the Thunderbolt DROM micro-guide (and tailor the UID) then you should get 40 Gb/s. This is controlled in part by the "LinkDetails" property in the SSDT.

Hello MR. CaseySJ
pls help me

My thunderbolt 3 GC-Titan Ridge

is this 2.5 GT/s correct not show 40 Gb/s
and thunderbolt : No drivers are loaded

Thank you for your kind cooperation

My PC :
MB : Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro WiFi (F12c) | CPU : i9-9900K (@3.60 GHz) | GPU : ASUS Dual - OC - RX 580 8GB | RAM : Kingston HyperX RGB (64 GB) | SSD : Samsung SSD 970 Pro (1TB) Bluetooth & Wifi : fenvi T919 for macOS PC PCI Wifi Card Continuity Handoff BCM94360CD Native Airport WiFi BT 4.0 1750Mbps | Thunderbolt 3 : GC-Titan Ridge | OS : OSX 10.15.4 & Windows 10 Pro
Hello @Olass,

If your UAD Apollo x4 Quad is working properly with GC-Titan Ridge, then there's no need to make any changes. But if you would like to experiment with "Thunderbolt Bus" then it's necessary to flash the firmware chip with an external device such as a Raspberry Pi or CH341A USB Programmer. All of the details are located in the Quick Reference spoiler in Post #1:

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 9.14.01 AM.png

Hello @srmusico,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. @qthegaijin was unable to get the Antelope device to work on a flash add-in-card such as GC-Alpine Ridge and GC-Titan Ridge. In your case, however, the on-board Thunderbolt controller is being used.

But the Antelope device was functional for only about 20 seconds? Is the summary below correct?
  • Gigabyte X299X with flashed on-board firmware
    • Antelope Zen detected after warm boot and could play for 10-20 seconds
  • Asus X299 with ThunderboltEX 3 add-in-card
    • Unable to detect Antelope as an audio device; unable to play
  • GC-Alpine Ridge / GC-Titan Ridge
    • Unable to play

@CaseySJ
It appears that is the case. I am tempted to snag a Thunderbolt dock to see if I get the same results as @srmusico .

@srmusico,
Have you tried running the Zen Tour on a dedicated PCIE USB3.0 card? Thats what we run at my studios and have no dropouts or clocking issues so far, aside from the occasional Pro Tools errors that everyone gets.

So, as we discussed before, it seems like the sosts for the CH341A and a multimeter about $50......not ideal, but doable, I guess.

My GC-TR card has an NVM of 43, which of the NVM 33 postings would you recommend?

DESIGNARE-Z390-NVM33-Elias64Fr.bin?
Z390-AORUS-XTREME-NVM33-Elias64Fr.bin?
Or do I need a plain vanilla NVM 33 from someone else?

Also, do I need to then do the DROM procedure you have outlined? Meaning for me, with my card, first NVM 33, then more programming for the DROM procedure? Or is it a matter of taking a NVM 33 like the ones above and adjusting them?

@dgsga: in your config.plist (by osy too) is "change _E17 to XE17 for TB hotplug". But I can't find _E17 or _E${any_digit} in my dsdt. Can you tell me where to get this?

I have the TB bus, eGPU (with eject icon!), my OWC dock is fully defined, the ioreg changes dynamically if I dock and eGPU swapping on TB-ports - everything works... but only, if computer started with connected TB-device. The final step remains...

So, as we discussed before, it seems like the sosts for the CH341A and a multimeter about $50......not ideal, but doable, I guess.

My GC-TR card has an NVM of 43, which of the NVM 33 postings would you recommend?

DESIGNARE-Z390-NVM33-Elias64Fr.bin?
Z390-AORUS-XTREME-NVM33-Elias64Fr.bin?
Or do I need a plain vanilla NVM 33 from someone else?

Also, do I need to then do the DROM procedure you have outlined? Meaning for me, with my card, first NVM 33, then more programming for the DROM procedure? Or is it a matter of taking a NVM 33 like the ones above and adjusting them?
I’d recommend the designare nvm33 file. I have tried most, but I have the best results in my gc-titan ridge from that version. Then follow the guide for the DROM aml. I had to make adjustments for the RP number in DROM aml.

Back