Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you very much, what kind of corporate file do I have to load onto the stick?
Flashing the firmware is risky and you assume 100% of the liability if something goes wrong. All of the information is provided in Post #1 as shown in blue:

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 5.18.02 AM.png

what is it for ne that for ne efi can you not unlock it with that man?
It might be possible. I can check it later.

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299-DELUXE-3105
CPU
i9-7920X
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
Here are my Thunderbolt experiences with the GC-TITAN-RIDGE-NVM23-Elias64Fr.bin on the GC-Titan Ridge.

My hardware:
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe (1) - BIOS: 2002
Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge - FW: GC-TITAN-RIDGE-NVM23-Elias64Fr.bin
UAD Apollo 8 TB(2) audio interface
UAD 2 Satellite Quad TB(2) DSP System
Apple TB3 to TB2 Adapter
The Titan Ridge in PCI-Slot-4 plugged in from above (PCIEX16_3)
Bridged the TB header (3 and 1 directly on the card)
TB activated in the bios of the mainboard

Without the bridge, with directly connected TB header cable and without the TB activation in the bios, I always got KP at the start!?

Most important step: Perform a hardware reset on Apollo 8! Without this reset the hotplug with the audio interface did not work! Furthermore the computer froze up when switching off the Apollo!

Required software:
GC-TITAN-RIDGE-NVM23-Elias64Fr.bin flashed to the card with a Raspberry according to the instructions "Mini-Guide for Flashing SPI ROM Chips using Raspberry Pi 3B or 4".
I took the SSDT-TBOLT3-RP05-PORT7-GC-TITAN-RIDGE.aml as a basis and adapted it for my board. I also individualized the DROM area according to the instructions "Thunderbolt DROM Micro-Guide for Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge".

I tested the whole thing under Mojave 10.14.6 and Catalina 10.15.3. My bootloader is OC 0.5.7

The Thunderbolt bus appears correctly in the system report. All connected devices are listed correctly. Connected my MacBook Pro to the Hacki via Thunderbolt cable, could move files in breathtaking speed without problems.

The UAD software and UAD drivers should be up-to-date and the same on all systems. Sometimes the hardware gets a new FW during an update, if different software versions are installed, the hardware wants to do a FW down- or upgrade all the time!

Many thanks to all involved in this topic!
A few especially highlighted: @CaseySJ @Elias64Fr @apfelnico @Download-Fritz

EDIT:

Here now with the NVM33. I can't see any difference to the NVM23, but I didn't want to flash the card back again for the time being.

I even got my Belkin Thunderbolt™ 3 Express HD dock working with it. However, I always had to disconnect and reconnect the TB cable once after booting the computer, otherwise it was not recognized. Audio, Ethernet, USB and TB will work then. Only the display port I could not activate...

I connected my UAD Apollo to the Belkin Dock via the Apple TB3-TB2 adapter and even that worked! BUT when I switched off the Apollo, the computer froze.

Without the Belkin Dock there are no problems. I can turn the Apollo off, unplug it, turn it on again doesn't bother the computer.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700 (non-K) - Power Limits removed!
Graphics
RX 580
Hi - I'm hoping I could find some help with Sidecar. I am using a 9600KF, on OpenCore 0.5.8 with the recommended iMac19,1 SMBIOS. From advice online, I have tried using the boot arguments shikigva=40 (or 32) + shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 as recommended in other online Hackintosh resources, but haven't found any luck. Although MacOS says it's connected via Sidecar, the iPad just has a black screen while its Sidecar app is open.

Interestingly, the Duet Display app seems to not have touch working when I use that as an alternative, which is a bug I have have not found elsewhere online or with my other devices. This could possibly be the lack of an iGPU too, I guess.

Any advice regarding getting Sidecar running on a KF processor would be appreciated! Thanks.

Motherboard
ASRock Z390 Phantom
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ - Question on using a TB dock.

Machine is working perfectly with system definition 19.1 and IGPU only configuration and I can use it normally .
When I boot with the dock connected and my primary display connected to the dock (via DP) - I get the BIOS splash screen, I go past the OC boot picker, then past the first phase of boot and then the monitor looses signal. The desktop is still on - as I can access it remotely. The thunderbolt logs are normal.
Under device properties - I am setting up platform ID to 0x07009b3e and the framebuffer patch.
Boot args are - dart=0 debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 darkwake=0 slide=1 igfxfw=2
Is there something I am missing here?

Edit: Got it working - Deleted all device properties for the display (including the device property and the frame buffer patch). WEG automatically sets the platform ID to 3E9B0007
I can hot plug the DP now . Time to buy another display

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 10.08.46 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 10.08.46 PM.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here are my Thunderbolt experiences with the GC-TITAN-RIDGE-NVM23-Elias64Fr.bin on the GC-Titan Ridge.
Quite helpful summary! Added to User Experiences section of Quick Reference spoiler in Post #1.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi - I'm hoping I could find some help with Sidecar. I am using a 9600KF, on OpenCore 0.5.8 with the recommended iMac19,1 SMBIOS. From advice online, I have tried using the boot arguments shikigva=40 (or 32) + shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 as recommended in other online Hackintosh resources, but haven't found any luck. Although MacOS says it's connected via Sidecar, the iPad just has a black screen while its Sidecar app is open.

Interestingly, the Duet Display app seems to not have touch working when I use that as an alternative, which is a bug I have have not found elsewhere online or with my other devices. This could possibly be the lack of an iGPU too, I guess.

Any advice regarding getting Sidecar running on a KF processor would be appreciated! Thanks.
Couple of suggestions:
  • Enable Location Services in System Preferences --> Security & Privacy
  • Try shikigva=80 and remove shiki-id

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I would like to send you one more version that has _PS0, _PS3, and all other power methods just to see if sudo tbpatch list will work even for a few seconds. After that we can stop the experiment.
@CaseySJ, I was finally able to get away from work and test the V1_WITH_POWER. Unfortunately running the patch caused the system lock up.
I tried a couple of ways to run tbpatch. One was to just login as quickly as possible and execute the script, the other, I created a new script that called your and added it to LaunchDaemons so it would run as root, and run at boot. However both tests resulted in the system locking up.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all. Would anyone be OK doing a quick test? (Very simple, requires no tinkering, etc.)

My specs are below. So I'm keen to speak to people that have the Vega 56. If I turn off my machine (just a simple OS shutdown, not via the plug) and then turn it on (but with my monitors off), I get 5 beeps which I previously attributed to CPU/Mobo failure (motherboard and CPU were replaced by Amazon and are brand new). However, if I turn the monitors on and turn on the machine, the system boots fine.

Is this therefore indicative of a GPU fault, as I've read the 5 beeps from the mobo could also mean the PC hasn't found a GPU?

Thanks.

Motherboard
GA-Z390-Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590
Hi all. Would anyone be OK doing a quick test? (Very simple, requires no tinkering, etc.)

My specs are below. So I'm keen to speak to people that have the Vega 56. If I turn off my machine (just a simple OS shutdown, not via the plug) and then turn it on (but with my monitors off), I get 5 beeps which I previously attributed to CPU/Mobo failure (motherboard and CPU were replaced by Amazon and are brand new). However, if I turn the monitors on and turn on the machine, the system boots fine.

Is this therefore indicative of a GPU fault, as I've read the 5 beeps from the mobo could also mean the PC hasn't found a GPU?

Thanks.
In my experimentation with flashing an Alpine Ridge card to drive an Apple TB display, I discovered that 5 beeps meant, in my case, no monitor detected. this happened even when the display was connected but that's another story. I found on Gigabyte's site that 5 beeps means CPU fault, but that may be old information. Unfortunately they didn't include info on beep codes in the manual for my mobo.