Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thank you Casey, but this setup were already done. The problem persists still.

It seems like the Hackintosh randomly shutdown.
I Have A RX 5700XT, My Shigiva= 80 for Displaying Airplay, Also I have Slide=0 , FixIPC checked.
I am Using OcQuirks, and Native NVRAM enabled (working and tested).

Any Idea ? I visited your Sleep/Wake Post but I don't know if it is related to the same problem.
Thank you
Do you use the Photos application in Catalina? It may be responsible for random system crashes with AMD RX 5700XT.

Run IORegistryExplorer and scroll the device tree on left side until you get to the Thunderbolt section. Then post a screenshot.
well, I am a dummy.
since I've never had Thunderbolt capability I didn't give a thought to making the BIOS adjustments for Thunderbolt. I did so (and the first time I did, my mobo had a stroke and reverted to the shipping version of BIOS. I reflashed with the latest BIOS and now back in business).
now I have a thunderbolt tree in IOReg and Thunderbolt Bus info in System Information. both attached.
also the TB1 HD dock shows up and I can access the drive that is currently docked.
I'll now proceed with the DROM micro-guide.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 4.44.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 4.44.40 PM.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 4.44.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 4.44.11 PM.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 111
I'm following the Thunderbolt DROM guide for alpine ridge add-in card.
I have made the change to the SSDT with a unique ID and calculated CRC8.
my thunderbolt is on RP21. I don't see anything in the SSDT that refers to RP05 so I don't know what I need to change to account for RP21.
thanks

Last edited:
Well, why not go back to previous OcQuirks/FwRuntimeServices? :)

Actually it work just with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (obvious I don't want this) and AptioMemoryFix.efi (macOS don't boot). Sorry for off topic. I thought you encounter this problem before.

Actually it work just with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (obvious I don't want this) and AptioMemoryFix.efi (macOS don't boot). Sorry for off topic. I thought you encounter this problem before.
Actually, I was wondering if you have tried this:

Please make a full bootable backup before attempting that. If you are already running Clover 5xxx then the change is not so big, but if you're on Clover 4xxx you should really make a full backup first.

Actually, I was wondering if you have tried this:

Please make a full bootable backup before attempting that. If you are already running Clover 5xxx then the change is not so big, but if you're on Clover 4xxx you should really make a full backup first.

Already tried. Thank you!

I'm following the Thunderbolt DROM guide for alpine ridge add-in card.
I have made the change to the SSDT with a unique ID and calculated CRC8.
my thunderbolt is on RP21. I don't see anything in the SSDT that refers to RP05 so I don't know what I need to change to account for RP21.
thanks
In your case it's necessary to change RP05 to RP21 in the sample SSDT in the Micro-Guide. We use MaciASL from here to edit ACPI files. Simply do a search-and-replace.

Give that a try and if you're stuck just let us know.

Already tried. Thank you!
In many cases performing a CMOS Reset allows OcQuirks/FwRuntimeServices to work. It's worth a try, but note that "EmuVariableUefi.efi" must be removed if it exists. After doing a CMOS Reset we must configure BIOS parameters again. And if MSR 0xE2 was unlocked for native NVRAM, we should check its status again.

In your case it's necessary to change RP05 to RP21 in the sample SSDT in the Micro-Guide. We use MaciASL from here to edit ACPI files. Simply do a search-and-replace.

Give that a try and if you're stuck just let us know.
I had already tried that, hence my message to you.

I looked at the SSDT from the Titan Ridge AIC and it in fact has references to RP05 but not so for the Alpine Ridge SSDT that is linked from the Alpine Ridge micro-guide.

Back