- Jul 26, 2018
- Asus Z370-A Prime II
- RX 580
- Mobile Phone
Awesome info, thank you!@NorthAmTransAm,
The Asus Thunderbolt EX-3 firmware you posted contains both the Asus and Intel NUC firmware.
My Asus Thunderbolt EX-3 contains:
- The first (Asus) is at the standard 0x4000 offset.
- The second (Intel NUC) is at the alternate offset 0x82000.
- Because the first 4 bytes are 0xFFFFFFFF, it means that the address of the active partition is located at offset 0x1000.
View attachment 455699
- When we go to offset 0x1000 we see this:
View attachment 455696
- So the active partition is the one at offset 0x82000. When we go there we find the Intel NUC firmware:
View attachment 455697
- And when we go back to 0x4000 we find the actual Asus firmware:
View attachment 455698
I'll adjust that today when I get the nvm26 firmware from @Loloflatsix
Speaking of, Lolo, if it works fine today as is then yay! It should. But, we've got two more files coming:
1) The firmware I "patched" that is updated according to this comment
2) A fresh patched firmware from our dear friend @Elias64Fr that is patched. We just need your backup for NVM26. I believe Elias64fr is already working on NVM18 and I love the idea of a slimmer more intentional file.