Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I just did a clean install of Mojave on a spare drive as AVID won’t yet run on Catalina. It worked perfectly. Again. Reminded me how good CaseySJ’s guide is. Truly a masterpiece.

Having some issues with sleep. It seems to only work when I manually put to sleep and come back within a short amount of time. I did a clean install to 10.15.2. Everything installed great. Resolution is good with sapphire 5700XT. I have a hub built into my 49" monitor. Samsung 5120x1400. Do you think this could be causing the sleep issues? The only other USB connections I have is a Logitech wireless KB dongle and a brother printer and the suggested wireless card connected to the motherboard usb header nearest the card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I noticed that Hackintool under power shows hibernate mode is 3 and proximity wake is 1.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ Update – I looked at another thread and tried to boot up with my graphics card installed, and got the booter to load* with 2 scenarios: 1) wegoff included, with the rest of the config the same, and then 2) wegoff excluded, but with agdpmod=pikera.

*the problem NOW is, my screen turns half white, but i see the installer windows in the top left corner. I can almost install but I can't see what I'm doing really so I should probably not do anything. But progress at least... kind of?

I had this issue on 10.15.1 with Gigabyte RX 5700 XT. I think it was an issue with 10.15.1 installer. GUI was cleared up by 10.15.2. I got around it moving from a 24in 1080p monitor to 27in 4K. I was able to ghost click thru using sticky notes to find my boarders. Installed it, and I got it up and running.

Can I get some help? I followed everything on the installation part. After selecting "boot from macOS Mojave", it showed all the codes. But, when it was suppose to boot again for selecting the language, etc., it won't boot anymore. Did I do something wrong?

i9-9900K
Designare
Radeon VII
NVMe Samsung 970 Pro SSD.

Can I get some help? I followed everything on the installation part. After selecting "boot from macOS Mojave", it showed all the codes. But, when it was suppose to boot again for selecting the language, etc., it won't boot anymore. Did I do something wrong?

i9-9900K
Designare
Radeon VII
NVMe Samsung 970 Pro SSD.

Hi, I have the same Config.....Installed Catalina , went of very well, but my issue is that none of the USB ports are working except for the one port in red, and the Thunderbolt ports are also working in USB mode, which is fine with me....I need the other ports to work......Appreciate if anyone can help me out...Thanks

Yes, try disabling the Onboard LAN Controller.

To Anyone Reading this on their Z390 Designare or their Z390 AORUS Xtreme:
  • In order to troubleshoot something for the new Gigabyte X299X Designare, we'd like to take a look at the first 600 lines of the kernel boot log.
  • Need a handful of volunteers to run the following line in Terminal and post the resulting file LastBoot.txt from the Documentsfolder:
    • log show --predicate "processID == 0" --last boot | head -600 > ~/Documents/LastBoot.txt
  • It would be ideal if we can get at least two Z390 Designare owners and at least one Z390 AORUS Xtreme owner to run this command.
Hi, here is Z390 AORUS Xtreme

Attachments

• LastBoot.txt
    94.7 KB · Views: 143
My Catalina works fine, but I can't see my SATA HDD. Hard driver, SSD data. I can see all Hard driver on BIOS and at boot menu of Clover. :|

My Catalina works fine, but I can't see my SATA HDD. Hard driver, SSD data. I can see all Hard driver on BIOS and at boot menu of Clover. :|
Please add your CPU, Graphics, and Motherboard information in account details by clicking here.

Then check if this post helps:

Hi, I have the same Config.....Installed catalina , went of very well, but my issue is that none of the USB ports are working except for the one port in red and the thunderbolt ports are also working in USB mode, which is fine with me....I need the other ports to work......Appreciate if anyone can help me out...Thanks
This is most likely due to missing files in CLOVER/ACPI/patched. Please post a screenshot of this folder and also CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Please add your CPU, Graphics, and Motherboard information in account details by clicking here.

Then check if this post helps:

I think a know why. I installed 2 PCIe slot. so.. 3 sata HDD cant use. Thank you ! ^^
"
  • If you install a PCIe or SATA M.2 SSD into the top M.2 slot (M2M) you will lose the last 2 SATA ports (SATA4 and SATA5).
  • If you install a PCIe M.2 SSD into the bottom M.2 slot (M2P) you will lose the first SATA port (SATA0)."

Back