Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello again and thanks again !!!!

SmallTreeIntel82576.kext won't work (under 10.15.2), I don't understand why... Is there something to do in the config.list or elsewhere ?

Last edited:
Having some issues with sleep. It seems to only work when I manually put to sleep and come back within a short amount of time. I did a clean install to 10.15.2. Everything installed great. Resolution is good with sapphire 5700XT. I have a hub built into my 49" monitor. Samsung 5120x1400. Do you think this could be causing the sleep issues? The only other USB connections I have is a Logitech wireless KB dongle and a brother printer and the suggested wireless card connected to the motherboard usb header nearest the card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I noticed that Hackintool under power shows hibernate mode is 3 and proximity wake is 1.
Please try the process of elimination:
  • Disconnect all external USB devices except keyboard and mouse, then check sleep/wake.
  • You may also set both hibernate mode and proximity wake to 0, in Terminal:
    • sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
    • sudo pmset -a proximitywake 0

Can I get some help? I followed everything on the installation part. After selecting "boot from macOS Mojave" it showed all the codes but when it was suppose to boot again for selecting the language etc. it won't boot anymore. did I do something wrong?

I9- 9900k
designare
radeon vii
nvme samsung 970 pro
Hello @gfor

Some questions:
  • Are you installing Mojave 10.14.6?
  • Are you using UniBeast to create the USB install disk?
  • Are you using a computer monitor or TV? If you're using a monitor, what is the make/model?
  • Are you using HDMI or DisplayPort?
  • When you say "it won't boot anymore", does it mean:
    1. You press F12 at BIOS splash screen and choose the USB install disk.
    2. Then Clover Boot Menu appears.
    3. Then you choose Boot macOS from Mojave.
    4. But now it does not boot up?
  • Because all the "codes" are shown (these are the startup verbose log messages), does the log stop or does the screen go black and then hang?

Hi, here is Z390 AORUS Xtreme
There's our missing AORUS Xtreme log -- thanks!

Is the 10Gb Ethernet port natively supported or was it necessary to install an Aquantia driver?

Hello again and thanks again !!!!

SmallTreeIntel82576.kext won't work (under 10.15.2), I don't understand why... Is there something to do in the config.list or elsewhere ?
  • Does the i211 Ethernet card appear in System Information --> Ethernet Cards?
  • Also type the following in Terminaland post the output, if any:
    • kextstat | grep -i smalltree

CaseySJ's Coffee Lake in Phanteks Evolv X ATX Case:
Gigabyte Designare Z390 - i7-9700K - UHD 630 - AMD RX 580

Hi @CaseySJ

Please can you share fro HWMonitorSMC2 Intel Graphics 63 information? How much IGPU memory it shows?

Hi @CaseySJ

Please can you share fro HWMonitorSMC2 Intel Graphics 63 information? How much IGPU memory it shows?
I posted a screenshot here a few days ago. As you can see, the information is not correct so we're waiting for a new Catalina-compatible release.

This is most likely due to missing files in CLOVER/ACPI/patched. Please post a screenshot of this folder and also CLOVER/kexts/Other.
Hi attached the 2 screen shots as requested.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-14 at 7.20.38 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-14 at 7.20.38 PM.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot 2019-12-14 at 7.20.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-14 at 7.20.56 PM.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 69
Hi attached the 2 screen shots as requested.
If this is from your Designare Z390 system then please do the following:
  • CLOVER/kexts/Other: Delete USBMap.kext
  • CLOVER/ACPI/patched: Delete SSDT-USBX.dsl, SSDT-USBX.aml, and SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-V2.aml
And copy the following file into CLOVER/ACPI/patched:
  • SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml
This file is contained in the ZIP. Reboot after making these changes.

If this is from your Designare Z390 system then please do the following:
  • CLOVER/kexts/Other: Delete USBMap.kext
  • CLOVER/ACPI/patched: Delete SSDT-USBX.dsl, SSDT-USBX.aml, and SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-V2.aml
And copy the following file into CLOVER/ACPI/patched:
  • SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml
This file is contained in the ZIP. Reboot after making these changes.
Wow, the above mentioned just worked for me. Thanks a ton! By the way I am using BIOS V8. But everything is working for me.

Thank you.

Back