Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

• Does the i211 Ethernet card appear in System Information --> Ethernet Cards?
  • Also type the following in Terminaland post the output, if any:
    • kextstat | grep -i smalltree
No, it doesn't appear in SI Ethernet. Once it appears but no more now... and nothing happens when I type : kextstat | grep -I smalltree in terminal. The kext is not injected ?

The screenshots show that the highlighted file below (in /System/Library/Frameworks/...) is unknown file type:
View attachment 440231

Suggestions:
  • It would be helpful to post another previous 3 pages of the crash output.
  • Did you say earlier that you tried to install macOS to a SATA SSDas a way of checking whether the internal NVMe might be the problem?
    • If so, connect the SATA SSD to a working Mac. The SATA SSD can be placed into an external USB 3.0 SSD enclosure such as this one.
    • If macOS is only installed on the internal NVMe SSD, it's possible to use an external USB 3.0 NVMe enclosure such as this one (which accommodates PCIe NVMe instead of SATA M.2).
  • The external USB enclosure can then be connected to a working macOS system.
  • Then please check the above file:
    • Does libBLAS.dylib exist?
    • Is it 4.4 MB?
    • Is it of type: Mach-O dynamic library?

hey @CaseySJ so primed the item you recommended for the m.2 just pulled up system file and root you mentioned and it does all lookcorrect the file structure looks diff than you were showing tho but file is there

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 1.01.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 1.01.29 PM.png
    228.1 KB · Views: 64
No, it doesn't appear in SI Ethernet. Once it appears but no more now... and nothing happens when I type : kextstat | grep -I smalltree in terminal. The kext is not injected ?
I'm not seeing any problem with the SmallTree driver in Catalina 10.15.2. Please post the following:
  • Screenshot of /Library/Extensions folder
  • Mount EFI partition of Catalina SSD and post screenshot of CLOVER/kexts/Other

hey @CaseySJ so primed the item you recommended for the m.2 just pulled up system file and root you mentioned and it does all lookcorrect the file structure looks diff than you were showing tho but file is there
Something rather fundamental is wrong. We seem to have tried all the reasonable courses of action, but none has worked.
  • Have you tried installing macOS with Memory XMP Profile disabled?
  • Have you tried installing Windows or Linux?
    • For Windows/Linux, be sure to configure BIOS:
      • BIOS --> Save & Exit --> Load Optimized Defaults.
      • BIOS --> M.I.T. --> XMP Profile --> Profile 1.

I had this issue on 10.15.1 with Gigabyte RX 5700 XT. I think it was an issue with 10.15.1 installer. GUI was cleared up by 10.15.2. I got around it moving from a 24in 1080p monitor to 27in 4K. I was able to ghost click thru using sticky notes to find my boarders. Installed it, and I got it up and running.

I don't have access to a 4K monitor at the moment – just a 1440p one. I could probably install just with arrow keys and guessing. But I'm nervous about formatting the HDD blind and selecting the parent HDD name as it instructs in the mini guide. I have been planning on buying a 4K monitor for work though. Maybe I should just do that anyway. Did the screen issue fix once the macOS was installed? Might be a dumb question.

Something rather fundamental is wrong. We seem to have tried all the reasonable courses of action, but none has worked.
  • Have you tried installing macOS with Memory XMP Profile disabled?
  • Have you tried installing Windows or Linux?
    • For Windows/Linux, be sure to configure BIOS:
      • BIOS --> Save & Exit --> Load Optimized Defaults.
      • BIOS --> M.I.T. --> XMP Profile --> Profile 1.

I have not attempted to install with XMP disabled, I can give that a shot then I’ll give Windows a shot after.

Just in case I’ve also ordered another board and I’m replacing my gigabyte 5700 with a sapphire 5700 based on some reviews. They arrive tomorrow may just strip everything out place on a new board and see if it was an issue with the board. I do this cause we have legit tried everything lol

gotta love holiday return periods lol

I’m unsure what happened from my successful build to now that could have caused all of these issues minus a hardware failure

I don't have access to a 4K monitor at the moment – just a 1440p one. I could probably install just with arrow keys and guessing. But I'm nervous about formatting the HDD blind and selecting the parent HDD name as it instructs in the mini guide. I have been planning on buying a 4K monitor for work though. Maybe I should just do that anyway. Did the screen issue fix once the macOS was installed? Might be a dumb question.

Actually, yes, it did fix it once macOS was installed. It went right back to normal. It was just the installed GUI that was the issues. It would look like this:

Attachments

• 2BC902B5-E911-4A1F-8967-A3DBD617EC6B.jpeg
    2BC902B5-E911-4A1F-8967-A3DBD617EC6B.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 66
  • A5FB8E0C-43C1-4195-8137-9B1DBD746EDD.jpeg
    A5FB8E0C-43C1-4195-8137-9B1DBD746EDD.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 78
  • 88E74CFE-58F5-45DA-9430-027D39E99763.jpeg
    88E74CFE-58F5-45DA-9430-027D39E99763.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 72
I'm not seeing any problem with the SmallTree driver in Catalina 10.15.2. Please post the following:
  • Screenshot of /Library/Extensions folder
  • Mount EFI partition of Catalina SSD and post screenshot of CLOVER/kexts/Other
Voilà :

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-12-14 à 20.29.57.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-12-14 à 20.29.57.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Capture d’écran 2019-12-14 à 20.30.33.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-12-14 à 20.30.33.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 92
It’s not necessary to use a 4K monitor. There must be some gremlin that we’re overlooking.

Some general words to the wise:
  • Don’t use TVs.
  • Don’t use video adapters.
  • Don’t use VGA or DVI ports.
While these things could work, you would be playing Russian Roulette.

Back