Contribute
Register

[Success] Asus Z170i Pro Gaming - Sierra 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was a western digital blue drive, laptop 2.5inch, with a seagate sata to usb 3.0 adapter, i didnt want to use anything less as i wanted to exceed the speed of a mechanical drive.i dont think my bootloader is at native resolution but i have it auto boot my mac drive after 2sec anyway.

It's as easy as changing in BIOS the GPU to dedicated instead of Auto. It's amazing.

Also, if you choose to see (in BIOS) the Asus Logo while booting (2 seconds) it boots extremely faster, no American Trending 0 data connected....

I have the same Mobo: Asus z170i and a GTX 1080. I could only get the web drivers to start when installing EmuVariableUefi-64, as in Solution 6. I am not sure if that has produced any negative side effects. Audio is working for me with the latest VoodooHDA 2.9d10, installed with KextBeast. I haven't had time to test anything else.

Edit: forgot to mention I am using Sierra 10.12.6

It is working with bios 3405?

works on 3401 with no issue. i would assume that 3405 is also fine. i believe the only changes were relating to a i7 kaby lake (7th gen) microcode problem fix

All are working except for the wifi :(

I am using this Edimax ew-7811un USB wifi stick, which has sierra 12.6 drivers. otherwise you can replace your wifi module on the board.

I am using this Edimax ew-7811un USB wifi stick, which has sierra 12.6 drivers. otherwise you can replace your wifi module on the board.

Thanks for this tip AnZbert.. I'll keep that in mind.. Anyways I also ordered the macbook air wifi stick so that I can replace this current m.2 wifi+bluetooth bundle..

Thanks for this tip AnZbert.. I'll keep that in mind.. Anyways I also ordered the macbook air wifi stick so that I can replace this current m.2 wifi+bluetooth bundle..
You will also need the MacBook Air Wifi to M.2 adapter card.

Your audio is working in FaceTime ? because in my case I have the voice distorted

Your audio is working in FaceTime ? because in my case I have the voice distorted

Hi sorry for late reply. I was not able to test this facetime and I cant test it now also because Ive formated it back to windows as I have no wifi card yet its still on shipping.. I will test it as soon as I have the wifi card and put back sierra..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back