Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Hi guys,

Sorry : I haven't read the 237 pages. Just the OP and saw my problem is not listed...

So here's the thing...
I'm trying to set-up a Hackintosh.
MoBo used is a Gigabyte MD80-TM0. It's a dual Xeon MoBo with one CPU for now (second on the way).
I managed to install and boot macOs Sierra 12.5, but of course with totally horrible display...

I have a spare MSI GeForce GTX 970 that I installed.
I installed the drivers from nVidia's website (and yes, I took the correct ones, those made for my macOs build).
I also modded the config.plist inside of EFI/clover to add the correct lines as stated.

Here's what happens...

If the motherboard is set to "onboard video" (so the one from MoBo) => system boots... but no video from GeForce at all :(
If the motherboard is set to "offboard video" (so the GTX 970) => Apple logo + bar... but it's stuck before the bar even begins to load => no boot after 10 minutes :(

I also tried to mod the EFI/Clover to add the flags... but no luck :(

If anyone would have a workaround I'd be grateful...

Oh... card works flawlessly on the exact same system, but booting into Linux Mint 18.1...

Thanks a lot for your help... If I don't get this to work, I'll take an AMD card :(

Regards.

Boot with -v to see where it is getting stuck.

Hello everyone
Im stuck with web driver - black screen
tried method 4 to fix it but no luck(
could you. help me pls
config is attached

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 214
Hello everyone
Im stuck with web driver - black screen
tried method 4 to fix it but no luck(
could you. help me pls
config is attached

You are using iMac14,2 so there is no need to use any of the black screen fixes. Your problem lies elsewhere. Double check your boot arguments, remove the unnecessary and change Inject/Intel to false.

#6 Worked for me! z170 board with 1070

Hello everyone!

Well, my system was working fine with 10.11.1 (El Capitan).

Two moth ago I updated it to 10.11.6.

It apparently works fine but not.

Sometimes, I don't know the reason, the graphic card stops working (always after turning on the computer).

So, I need to use nv_disable=1 to enter. I change the CsrActiveConfig to 0x67, restart. After the logon, CsrActiveConfig to 0x00, restart.

And then the graphic cards works for some days.

And suddenly it stops working.

I do the same procedure (nv_disable=1 to enter. CsrActiveConfig to 0x67, restart. After the logon, CsrActiveConfig to 0x00, restart) and it will work again for some days.

It's a loop. I don't know how to solve.

I can't use CsrActiveConfig=0x67 every time because my audio doesn't work when CsrActiveConfig is 0x67 (SIP disabled).

Any ideas? Thanks!

You are using iMac14,2 so there is no need to use any of the black screen fixes. Your problem lies elsewhere. Double check your boot arguments, remove the unnecessary and change Inject/Intel to false.
tried but still no luck.
#6 - no work for me too - the system goes to bios

Hi, I'm on Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73) and I have installed Nvidia Web Driver 378.05.05.15f01 but my mac only recognizes Default Graphics Driver on restart after installing and enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers . I attached my config.plist any help will be appreciated!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 207
Hi everyone, I solved my problem with the problem tutorial number 6!
Thanks again

Back