Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Still having problems getting Nvidia driver to boot, aka problem #6. I'll attach my config.plist if anyone would be kind enough to take a look at it...

Oh and I've already tried both the editing plist and using clover to install EmuVariableUefi-64 and the RC scripts.

PLEASE :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    17.6 KB · Views: 221
I'd start by removing all the unnecessary stuff in the driver64UEFI folder.

Thanks Slim.Jim,

I'm trying a fresh install with the minimum and will update with findings. Thanks

Update 4:

1: Fresh install again.
2: clover, multibeast, and nvidia drivers as usual.
3: Noted change in multibeast as 14.2
4: reboot, and now I get a black screen with no response after drive selection in clover... will picture below what verbose shows...
5: will not boot with nvidia web drivers deselected like it used too. will not boot in safe mode. will not boot in safe mode + nv_disable=1, just wont boot at all.
6: fresh install again....... :banghead:
7: Give up? this is supposed to be a solid system per recommended builds. I HAVE to be doing something simple and dumb.:( I Forgot to get a copy of Config.plist....

Thanks

Update 5:

1. Did another fresh install
2. used clover 2.4k r4061. multibeast using imac 17,1 and nvidia drivers.
3. edited the config.plist
4. Will reboot using clover that is on flashdrive (using flashdrive to select hard drive) clover settings are dart=0 nv_disable=1 and intel inject selected. Won't boot any other way, has kernal panic. I can't get the clover which is downloaded on the hard drive to boot even when settings between the two are identical. wont show apple logo just blank screen, monitor does have signal.

If anyone has any ideas that would be much appreciated, otherwise i've accepted defeat haha.

I Suggest You Use The 14,2 SMBIOS, Very Reliable!

Ok so i did another fresh install, got it up and running, no nvidia driver on reboot after clover, did the fix for problem number 6..... (config.plist edit and Clover for emuvariableuefi/RC scripts) After selecting drive and booting with clover it gets half way through the apple logo before monitor looses signal, however it is fully booting, verified by opening disk drive with keyboard... Any ideas?? I'm using clover to put the EmuVariableUefi in... How do i check to make sure the install worked and its in place?

10.12.5 Z170N-UD5 Geoforce GTX 1050 TI G1

Still having problems getting Nvidia driver to boot, aka problem #6. I'll attach my config.plist if anyone would be kind enough to take a look at it...

Oh and I've already tried both the editing plist and using clover to install EmuVariableUefi-64 and the RC scripts.

PLEASE :)

Your config is an absolute mess. I'd start by using MultiBeast to create a clean one.

Ok so i did another fresh install, got it up and running, no nvidia driver on reboot after clover, did the fix for problem number 6..... (config.plist edit and Clover for emuvariableuefi/RC scripts) After selecting drive and booting with clover it gets half way through the apple logo before monitor looses signal, however it is fully booting, verified by opening disk drive with keyboard... Any ideas?? I'm using clover to put the EmuVariableUefi in... How do i check to make sure the install worked and its in place?

10.12.5 Z170N-UD5 Geoforce GTX 1050 TI G1

I suggest you boot with the boot flag: -v

after you have done that, please may you include a screenshot of the last bit while in -v mode.

Procedure :
BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
Install web drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
May need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
I was using dvi to vga adapter, then I change to hdmi to vga (active) adapter and now it's work fine. thanks. :D

I am almost giving up on Hackintosh. I switched out my PG279Q for a 4K HDR-TV since I played more games on my PS4 than my PC.

I get a black screen with my 1080 after installing the drivers. I am now looking for others with a similar setup to share their insights so that I can figure what I am doing wrong. I am quite certain my issue is with the HDMI-port on my GPU since a similar install worked on my PG279Q with displayport.

My specs:
MSI Xpower Titanium Gaming Z170 (latest bios)
Palit 1080 Jetstream
Intel 6600K
16Gb Ram

Long story short, everything worked before I switched monitors. The TV only has HDMI inputs but is capable of 4K@60Hz even with HDR enabled. Worked flawlessly in Windows and on PS4 Pro on those settings. With the previous working setup I used displayport.

What I have tried so far:
  • Using System definitions iMac (14.1/14.2 and the latest) and Mac Pro (5.1, 6.1)
  • Modifying AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy /Installing Lilu and Nvidia kexts with the instructions (tried method 1-3 on different installs)
  • Installing AGDPfix and with confirmation of the install
  • Unchecking bootflags and injectors per guides in this thread
  • Activating the drivers in Clover and manually (also made sure to run the latest version of clover)
  • Using HDMI-Displayport cables and adapters (even active adapters with 4K@60Hz-support). Also tried different HDMI-cables and ports on the TV
  • Using the internal graphics on the 6600K and got the web driver to load and the card fully operational in rendering with Premiere for example
  • Turned off HDR on the port in question

So, basically when the driver loads I get a black screen. When I uncheck the web driver the computer boots with no acceleration.

If I boot with the internal graphics I can get the screen to output a 1080p@60Hz-signal. I can then use the 1080 to render in Premiere for example. This would be fine for me if the resolution were a bit higher.

But, it should work with a 1080 on HDMI right? Is there away to control which ports on the GPU are active or not? I have read that some system definitions disables ports per default since the gpus in those system only has one or two ports.

Should I just give up and buy myself a Macbook Pro? :( Is there anyone else here that has experienced the same issues? And if so, how did you solve it? :)

/ Jesper, Sweden

Last edited:
Back