Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

First I did this and my #6 problem is solved, but my graphic card just detected as Nvidia display 3 MB, not ma actual GPU (GTX 950)

and I did this (re-did the initial step in instruction #6 in the OP) but my machine reboot in the half way loading screen, then i uncheck "Use NVIDIA WEB drivers" so I can make this post with OS X Default Graphics Driver, and now my #6 problems can't be fixed by changing the config.plist like I did before. any solution for this?

this is my machine btw
OS X Sierra 10.12.4
nVidia web driver 378.05.05
cpu core i5 3470
mobo gigabyte ga-z77m-d3h
gpu zotac gtx 950
ram 12 GB

I attach my EFI file

sorry for my bad English

Config.plist is corrupt. Maybe you've edited incorrectly by using TextEdit always use a Plist editor such as Xcode or Plistedit Pro to avoid damaging the config.plist.

Config.plist is corrupt. Maybe you've edited incorrectly by using TextEdit always use a Plist editor such as Xcode or Plistedit Pro to avoid damaging the config.plist.
So, what should i do to fix corrupted config.plist?

fixed my problem sort of,

hadto disable the cmos under bios > os type put it to windows 8/10 so it would show the cmos option. then reverted it back to other os.

also had to disconnect my vga monitor and only keep my dell u2414h screen connected.

only side effect i got was the clover bootup screen is kinda messed up ( partially dark blue-ish black ) but can still see the options.

I re install my machine and now after I install Nvidia web driver it rebooting at loading screen and I need to add nv_disable=1 to go in. any solution for this?

I re install my machine and now after I install Nvidia web driver it rebooting at loading screen and I need to add nv_disable=1 to go in. any solution for this?

Procedure :
BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
Install web drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
May need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist

I have an unsolved NVIDIA problem.
posted also here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-x99-gioscreenlockstate-error.220308/page-2#post-1492068

I made a clean install of 10.11.4., installed the new NVIDIA Web Driver, activated with the new method, fixed NVRAM problem (#6), still can't boot without boot-option nv_disable activated. If not activated the boot process stops at the gioScreenLockstate Error and loops in endless booting (with no verbose anymore).

Attached my config.plist.

My system: ASUS Z170I board, i7 6700K, EVGA 1080

help appreciated.

update:
Just made the update to 10.12.5. with new Nvidia Web Driver - and all of the sudden the problem (GIOScreenLockState) is gone!

Problem reporting

Gtx 1050 Ti 4gb (GV-N105TD5-4GD) shows only 256mb on about this Mac. Recently upgraded from gt 710.

Build:
Msi z170A Pro mobo
G skill 8gb DDR4 2400mhz ram x2
core i7 6700k
Sierra 10.12.5
Samsung EVO 850 250 GB
Adata su800 250GB

HWmonitor/HWsensor fails to list the card or its values (temperature, fan etc) and the fan on the GPU does not run

I already installed emu variable-64 and RC scripts

Please help

Problem reporting

Gtx 1050 Ti 4gb (GV-N105TD5-4GD) shows only 256mb on about this Mac. Recently upgraded from gt 710.

Build:
Msi z170A Pro mobo
G skill 8gb DDR4 2400mhz ram x2
core i7 6700k
Sierra 10.12.5
Samsung EVO 850 250 GB
Adata su800 250GB

HWmonitor/HWsensor fails to list the card or its values (temperature, fan etc) and the fan on the GPU does not run

I already installed emu variable-64 and RC scripts

Please help

Did you install and activate the web drivers? Are you running 10.12.4+? HWmonitor will also need to be updated for Pascal (I believe). The fans not spinning is perfectly normal for 900 series cards and newer, they have semi passive cooling.

Back