Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

New NVIDIA driver just came up 5 minutes ago, for build 15G1217. The name of the file is 346.03.15f06. However I don't know where did the download go, since I've updated through the NVIDIA preferences pane, and I can't find the file on the internet to post the link here.

Attachments

• Nvidia driver.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 104
UPDATE:

It look like kextcache errors can be ignored.
I was able to enable WebDriver and it is working fine so far.

My steps:
1) I disabled kext security in clover plist file,
2) edit /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist to change NVDARequiredOS to 15G1217,
3) run both kextcache commands,
4) restart OS,
5) and finally enabled a Web Driver.

$ sudo vi /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist
$ sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
$ sudo kextcache -system-caches
$ sudo reboot

Lesson learned.
I am trying to modify plist for driver, but having hard time to run
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel and getting "Invalid signature".
Any suggestions?

$ csrutil status
System Integrity Protection status: disabled.

$ sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

Password:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext realtekALC.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext NVDAStartupWeb.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext

Invalid signature -67030 for kext <OSKext 0x7fe572f99020 [0x7fff72237440]> { URL = "NVDAStartupWeb.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.nvidia.NVDAStartupWeb" }

I tried disabling kext security but it wouldnt allow me to edit the config.plist
I've since installed the latest detected drivers, but now I'm stuck at the apple screen w loading bar full...

I truly appreciate the information and community that is tonymacx86. Seriously. I had nightmarish conditions working with my late 09 mbp and running a thick session in Logic Pro 9. Since i put this build together, the thickest of sessions don't even itch the nose of this beast. Straight up yawn sesh. Anyway, the troubles that have ailed me have diminished since my discovery of this community. I always know there are some elite kats with far more knowledge that I possess that are willing to share here. Thanks again, and always!

Edit: It seems I cannot boot in safe mode either. Get most of the bar, then beachball

Last edited:
Boeston,
I'm a little new at this. How do I change my config to 14,1?
Download Clover Configurator , mount the EFI, open the EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and in the SMBIOS section use the magic want to choose the one you want. By default it might choose an older or newer system definition but choose 14.1. Upon closing the app it will ask you to save. reboot and you're done. I'd make a backup of the config.plist just in case.

Boeston,
I'm a little new at this. How do I change my config to 14,1?
Use MultiBeast to change your System Definition. Run MultiBeast and only select:

Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac14,2

Note: iMac14,2 should be used with graphics cards. Using MultiBeast to change your System Definition will ensure the other configuration items associated with the changed System Definition will also be changed. :thumbup:

hi, I can't enable my Nvidia web drivers ..i downloaded the 367.15.10.25f02 package installed and this goes well, after that, I have modified the config.pslist and inserted the key>NvidiaWeb</key> true, how is explained in the first page...but when i restart the machack, he dont use the web driver ...if I launch the nvidia driver manager i find a padlock locked on the modify section of grafics drivers , I open the block and put a check on the radio button , the mac ask for the password, after inserted, I can modify but when it restart, it continue to use the os x default drivers ..some one have any hints ?
My grafics card is a gigabyte gtx 980 G1

SORRY MEN VERY SORRY I'm a newby ...I have read the Problem 6 resolution, and this solve the problem it's all OK Sorry for bother you ...:-/

Last edited:
hi, I can't enable my Nvidia web drivers ..i downloaded the 367.15.10.25f02 package installed and this goes well, after that, I have modified the config.pslist and inserted the key>NvidiaWeb</key> true, how is explained in the first page...but when i restart the machack, he dont use the web driver ...if I launch the nvidia driver manager i find a padlock locked on the modify section of grafics drivers , I open the block and put a check on the radio button , the mac ask for the password, after inserted, I can modify but when it restart, it continue to use the os x default drivers ..some one have any hints ?
My grafics card is a gigabyte gtx 980 G1

SORRY MEN VERY SORRY I'm a newby ...I have read the Problem 6 resolution, and this solve the problem it's all OK Sorry for bother you ...:-/

Use this command to see what drivers you are actually running. The Nvidia Driver Manager will only display the correct thing if NVRAM is working properly.

sudo kextstat | grep nv

If the kext end in Web then you are using the Web Drivers.

Hello guys, sorry my poor English. I have a problem that I just can't resolve. I have insalled nvidia web driver , first restart the system is ok but at the second reboot system reset about 3/4 bar bottom apple. "Most of the time" after this reboot system start well, video card is recognized completely and works very well. Other times must start clover enabling built-in drivers because system loop continuously.
When the system reboots I'm not able to understand the problem, also in verbose mode and setting no restart kernel panic system reboot and I can't read last operation

Problem solved. Every boot fine with diplay connected to dp, vga-dvi was my problem

Last edited:
Back