Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Solving NVIDIA driver install problems

I have been using rootless=0 dart=0 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 and my system identifier is iMac12,1. When I try and boot with the nvidia driver I remove nv_disable=1 and add nvda_drv=1.

I changed my system identification to a MacPro, edited some configuration files, and now the video works. Truly beautiful after days of struggling with this initial step. Now my sound doesn't work though :D

Last edited:

help install osx el capitan
my computer
XPS 8700
Inter Core i7 4790 3, 6Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX745

el capitan I run with the flag nv_disable = 1 after a set nvidia web driver beta for this system
but after a reboot when I replace the flag nv_disable = 1 flag and add nvda_drv = 1, the system will not boot and leads to reboot. :(

You can write to me instructions on how I set el capitan
thank

help install osx el capitan
my computer
XPS 8700
Inter Core i7 4790 3, 6Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX745

el capitan I run with the flag nv_disable = 1 after a set nvidia web driver beta for this system
but after a reboot when I replace the flag nv_disable = 1 flag and add nvda_drv = 1, the system will not boot and leads to reboot. :(

You can write to me instructions on how I set el capitan
thank

Wrong syntax :

nv_disable = 1 should be nv_disable=1
nvda_drv = 1 Should be nvda_drv=1

:)
I wrote to you

Using 10.10.5
GTX 970

Today it stopped using the graphics card. In About this mac it says Graphics: NVIDIA Chip Model 7MB

I have tried
nvda_drv=1
nv_disable=1
GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No

Results in either a gray screen after booting up but never get into login screen, or starts without the gfx card.

I got the message saying it didnt support this version of mac and grayed out the web driver. I updated to the latest driver but it didnt change anything. I tried the steps using FPE but my build version was correct "14F27"

Running out of options.

var supportedOSVer = "10.10.5";
var supportedOSBuildVer = "14F27";
var targetBuild = system.version.ProductBuildVersion;
var result = compareBuildVersions(targetBuild, supportedOSBuildVer);

if (result != 0)

I will attach the full boot.plist and Distribution.

Thanks!
View attachment org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Hi everyone.

I cannot for the life of me get the sleepy black screen after boot to go away in 10.10.5. I am at my wit's end. Please help me, I have been at it for too many hours now. o_O Note: I upgraded from Maverick's

Things I tried:
Many different system definitions
Editing AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext
Rebuilding the kernel cache
Repairing permissions
Reinstalling OS X
Reinstalling Nvidia Web Drivers

with nv_disable=1, I can login and install everything fine with crappy graphics

Specs:
GA-z77n-wifi
GTX 970

Bios
Legacy only
Integrated graphics and Vd-t disabled

Flags:
GraphicsEnabler=No
nvda_drv=1

Hi everyone.

I cannot for the life of me get the sleepy black screen after boot to go away in 10.10.5. I am at my wit's end. Please help me, I have been at it for too many hours now. o_O Note: I upgraded from Maverick's

Things I tried:
Many different system definitions
Editing AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext
Rebuilding the kernel cache
Repairing permissions
Reinstalling OS X
Reinstalling Nvidia Web Drivers

with nv_disable=1, I can login and install everything fine with crappy graphics

Specs:
GA-z77n-wifi
GTX 970

Bios
Legacy only
Integrated graphics and Vd-t disabled

Flags:
GraphicsEnabler=No
nvda_drv=1

if you modified the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext then you will also need the flag kext-dev-mode=1 because changing the file makes the signature for the kext invalid. Using kext-dev-mode=1 allows it to load.

if you modified the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext then you will also need the flag kext-dev-mode=1 because changing the file makes the signature for the kext invalid. Using kext-dev-mode=1 allows it to load.

Ah Yes I also have that flag sorry.

Edit: Have now also tried installing someone's older AppleGraphicsControl.kext then repairing permissions/kernel cache.... no dice

Back