Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave Freezes completely when playing video in Safari - HD4600/4400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kext patch sucessfully fix safari freeze issue with videos. Problem is that it also kills QE/CI(video acceleration) after computer wakes from sleep. Any other solution that wont kill sleep option?

Applied the patch last night and so far no more freezes in Safari or Twitter when playing videos.
Sleep and wake from sleep with sound all works too!
Thanks for sharing this excellent find!
with patch not work camera after sleep! This patch no good

with this patch no work FaceTime camera after sleep

I can confirm that this patch taken from this post: Sierra & Safari: Freezing and reboot! has solved all of my issues afaik.

Plex and other websites with videos which caused my hackintosh to freeze no longer do so, but work perfectly! :)
I take no credit for this patch. This patch was put in the form of a Clover patch in this post by hemon: Sierra & Safari: Freezing and reboot! and is based on the patch created by vit9696 on applelife.ru which can be found here: https://applelife.ru...e-8#post-608892

I only posted this patch because it may help some of you with fixing this annoying issue. This works ONLY for HD4600 from what I've read so don't complain if it doesn't work on other hardware.

Clover Patch:

Code:
Name: AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

Find: 48898BA8000000

Replace: 90909090909090

Comment: isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 (10.11.6 & 10.12)

MatchOS: 10.12.x

Fixed it for me! Thanks! I have Intel 4600 Graphics.

Applied the patch last night and so far no more freezes in Safari or Twitter when playing videos.
Sleep and wake from sleep with sound all works too!
Thanks for sharing this excellent find!

Name: AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

Find: 48898BA8000000

Replace: 90909090909090

Comment: isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 (10.11.6 & 10.12)

MatchOS: 10.12.x

thanks! this fix solves the freezes in Safari (hd4600) except when my hackintosh come back from sleep. For example i play any youtube video. any help?

Last edited:
Just to confirm, I'm under 10.12.1 using HD4600 embedded in processor i7 4790K. The patch by vit9696 works ! And to sweeten the deal and get trailers and everything on itunes working, I guess Beats1 too, use Shiki.kext by the same author.. I inject it via clover. Works wonders.

You can download it here: https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki/releases

But don't forget to patch AppleIntelFramebufferAzul via clover too as below:

<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 10.12.x</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SImLqAAAAA==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>kJCQkJCQkA==</data>
</dict>

Hi to all. I have the same problem with Safari. What should I do? I have to install Kext with KextEdit (and paste it in Efi/kext/others?) and write the code write above in config.plist? If yes, in which part of config.plist list did I have to paste the code?
Thank you

Kext patch sucessfully fix safari freeze issue with videos. Problem is that it also kills QE/CI(video acceleration) after computer wakes from sleep. Any other solution that wont kill sleep option?

Same here, stop the Safari issue, but broke the wake from sleep action.

after update to 10.12.4, this patch seems no work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back