Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave Freezes completely when playing video in Safari - HD4600/4400

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`m pretty sure is disabled. I`m using discrete and Integrated graphic card disabled.

I typed the command you posted but I get this:
Last login: Sat Oct 1 20:20:52 on ttys000

Mazzalupos-iMac:~ mazzalupo$ sudo kextstat | grep -i azul

Password:

Mazzalupos-iMac:~ mazzalupo$

What this means?

I`m pretty sure is disabled. I`m using discrete and Integrated graphic card disabled.

I typed the command you posted but I get this:
Last login: Sat Oct 1 20:20:52 on ttys000

Mazzalupos-iMac:~ mazzalupo$ sudo kextstat | grep -i azul

Password:

Mazzalupos-iMac:~ mazzalupo$

What this means?

AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext is obviously not loaded. It seems your HD4600 is deactivated. The patch discussed earlier is for HD4600 only, i.e. it's not going to help you.

I'm using a thin mini itx board in a small macmini'ish case and have no way to test my setup with a discrete GPU. The russian hackintosh community seems very busy in finding a solution so let's hope ...

I can confirm that this patch taken from this post: Sierra & Safari: Freezing and reboot! has solved all of my issues afaik.

Plex and other websites with videos which caused my hackintosh to freeze no longer do so, but work perfectly! :)
I take no credit for this patch. This patch was put in the form of a Clover patch in this post by hemon: Sierra & Safari: Freezing and reboot! and is based on the patch created by vit9696 on applelife.ru which can be found here: https://applelife.ru...e-8#post-608892

I only posted this patch because it may help some of you with fixing this annoying issue. This works ONLY for HD4600 from what I've read so don't complain if it doesn't work on other hardware.

Clover Patch:

Code:
Name: AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

Find: 48898BA8000000

Replace: 90909090909090

Comment: isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 (10.11.6 & 10.12)

MatchOS: 10.12.x

Can confirm- had the same issue on 10.12 with HD4600 and applied the patch below and it resolved it.

I can confirm that this patch taken from this post: Sierra & Safari: Freezing and reboot! has solved all of my issues afaik.

Plex and other websites with videos which caused my hackintosh to freeze no longer do so, but work perfectly! :)
I take no credit for this patch. This patch was put in the form of a Clover patch in this post by hemon: Sierra & Safari: Freezing and reboot! and is based on the patch created by vit9696 on applelife.ru which can be found here: https://applelife.ru...e-8#post-608892

I only posted this patch because it may help some of you with fixing this annoying issue. This works ONLY for HD4600 from what I've read so don't complain if it doesn't work on other hardware.

Clover Patch:

Code:
Name: AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

Find: 48898BA8000000

Replace: 90909090909090

Comment: isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 (10.11.6 & 10.12)

MatchOS: 10.12.x

Hello everyone. I also exists the same problem with the video card Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536 MB. When I browse websites in particular and watching videos with the browser Safari computer hangs me and I have to turn it off physically and relight. The phenomenon does not occur in any situation, for example YouTube this is not happening. If there is something a solution, I am very, very happy if update me. I love the Safari browser compared with all other browsers Although other browsers have no problem.? On that occasion, I would like to ask: Do I need to install a driver for HDD my MultiBeast ? I recognize that after you finish installing Sierra screen card is recognized when I entered the "About this Mac" without the need for any driver installation.

Hi,
I have the same problem. I have tried to applied the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul Clover patch but it has just damaged the resolution of my screen. I had to reinstall Clover.
On El Capitan, I never had the freeze issue while I was playing videos.
Someone could help me, please?

This seems to be fixed in 10.12.1 for me.

Sorry! Done! ;)

I still have this issue. Anyone would have an idea to help me, please? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back