Gigabyte
CPU
Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey, recently I installed Mac OS Sierra on 10.12.3 and installed the Web Drivers, but it doesn't work no matter what I do. I enabled NvidiaWeb under Clover and searched the web. No matter what I try to do it doesn't work. When I installed Sierra a couple months ago the drivers worked just fine, I do not get why they don't work now. The drivers say there is no driver found under the ECC tab. I attached my config, thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 387
Thanks for the reply. I just tried your suggestion, but still nothing.
May need to install Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions

Thanks for the reply. I just tried your suggestion, but still nothing.

Two things:

First: I can't tell from your description which version of Nvidia's web-drivers you are running BUT the drivers that supported Pascal cards weren't released until 10.12.4 was current (March/April 2017).

I've never tried installing the latest drivers on an older macOS version, they might work ok. You might have done this. For sure though full support came while 10.12.4 was current.

They are all listed in date order: here

Secondly: The Nvidia system prefs shows my card has no ECC memory too - which is correct. Does your 1060 have it?

Hope it helps :)

Two things:

First: I can't tell from your description which version of Nvidia's web-drivers you are running BUT the drivers that supported Pascal cards weren't released until 10.12.4 was current (March/April 2017).

I've never tried installing the latest drivers on an older macOS version, they might work ok. You might have done this. For sure though full support came while 10.12.4 was current.

They are all listed in date order: here

Secondly: The Nvidia system prefs shows my card has no ECC memory too - which is correct. Does your 1060 have it?

Hope it helps :)

That would make sense. Maybe you're right about the version. I know on 10.12.4 it did work as I did upgrade. But when I tried to upgrade recently to 10.12.6, the system would not boot.

Turns out I was on the wrong version. I updated to 10.12.4 and installed the drivers and it worked fine.I then updated to the latest 10.12.6 (as of now). Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back