Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are all working! I however am trying to get on OpenCore. Still trying to figure out DSDT and SSDT editing. Also, considering switching to an ASUS x299 SAGE. My OC Formula has a weird way of handling multi GPU and I think its the source of my issues.

I am running the most current web drivers and CUDA. However, CUDA causes random reboots so I have to disable it unless I'm using it for Octane/Redshift. Octane and Redshift run great but for Octane you have to set your display card as low priority or it will crash. Here is the script I use for enabling\disabling CUDA.

I would say its stable enough for small projects but I have Windows as a backup. It is fast for sure. Hoping OpenCore will solve some issues.

Thanks mate!
I've just got it working on my 9960x, Gigabyte x299 ud4 pro and dual 1080ti. I can say that performance is superb, Octane bench score is couple of points higher than on windows, Redshift working great as well! Davinci resolve with CUDA works perfect! hadn't experienced yet any glitches, only once I got logged out to login screen at the very beginning, but it hasn't happened again yet. The only thing that I didnt manage to get sleep working, get a panic when wake up. Does it work for you? I tried couple of things, and I don't really know if that's cause of GPU or mobo. And do you use Lilu by the way? I do, but read on some other forum that for multi nVidia the solution is to remove lilu (which sounds suspicious for me :think:)

Last edited:
Hi all!

A possible solution which might help if suffering nVidia related reboots under High Sierra (and I guess not only Hackintoshers).

I have been suffering reboots while using Octane on C4D for a very long time and couldn’t find a solution until recently while searching for info regarding Quicklook as most reboots happen when a finder click is performed.
I use Quicklook all the time to check reference images and had noticed (Tried out of pure intuition) that manually killing the QuickLookUIService process with the activity monitor app would save my machine from rebooting.

My set up consists of two screens connected to my GTX1080 (LG Ultrawide via DP and a Wacom CintQ22hD via HDMI), for some reason it is very prone to rebooting when using Octane. (OTOYs aoktar recommends having two GPUs but I have not yet managed to get my second card to be recognised by my system).

What this script does is kill the “Quicklook” process after a specified time.
I have only had one :headbang: reboot since I started using it about three weeks ago, before that I might get several reboots a day with some -not so heavy- scenes.
Right now if Octane crashes it does not induce a system reboot, it just kills Cinema, and it does happen much less.

Hope this helps someone.

Instructions and credit “Musicnotnoise” user :clap: at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8506070

How to fix QuickLookUIService memory/CPU issues in High Sierra

File "com.zerowidth.launched.killquicklook.plist" stored at /Users/youruserhomedirectory/Library/LaunchAgents/

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Label</key>
<string>com.zerowidth.launched.killquicklook</string>
<key>ProgramArguments</key>
<array>
<string>sh</string>
<string>-c</string>
<string>killall -9 -v QuickLookUIService</string>
</array>
<key>StartInterval</key>
<integer>3000</integer>
</dict>
</plist>

Another C4D/Octane/graphic artist here, and just wanted to join the club to THANK you all for sharing knowledge, scripts, etc :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back