Contribute
Register

[Solved] Mojave on Z390-P and i7-9700k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes as it seems it works ok for now.

The Good Things:
Hardware Encoding is Supported only with Rx580, video usage with h265 using vlc was 8% for vlc and 4% for decoding.
Quicklook and preview works in every file including jpegs.
Fcpx now open everytime w/o issues.
Shutdown/restart works w/o any patches.
All USB ports work ok and it shows that it has recognize and usb3.1 (I don't have a device to test it).
Freezes I think they are gone too but I have to give it sometime here.

The Bad Things:
Geekbench Scores are a little lower than Mojave (6300,35000 HS - 6600-36000 Mojave)
Gpu is a little lower too... 138000 instead of 145000 in Mojave (with 4790k it was 150000+)
Cleanmymac shows that memory usage is a little higher in HS.

BIOS Settings:
VT-d disable
CFG-Lock disable
Secure Boot Mode disable
OS Type to Other OS
IO Serial Port
disable
XHCI Handoff to Enabled
Above 4g Decoding Activated (thx TYR)

I use XMP II for my F4-3200C16D-16GTZR.
CSM is enabled and that's all!

I hope the system be stable in time and I don't have any rush to chase Mojave for now
Stability is the key for my work now...

P.S. TYR if you have any different or extra bios settings, when you have time let's share a few settings together.

UPDATE: 1st freeze today, same case as before but system is more stable than it was with Mojave.

Last edited:
HI there, @skroutz999 @Jakeofspades

I have myself an Asus Z390 Prime A, BIOS rev. 0602, with i9-9900K and a Vega RX 64. BIOS setting are very similar to those posted here, only I have CSM disabled. Everything seems to work just fine: sleep/wake, shutdown and restart but I have a weird issue with BIOS. Everything I start/reboot my bios posts in Safe Mode and tells me to press F1 :rolleyes:... then I press ESC and system boots normally ...

I cannot find any reason for my machine doing so, I also tried RAM and stock speed (2133MHz) but nothing changed! ... :banghead:

Any hints? Thanks!

Hi so for i can run HS with no problem but can't boot Mojave, would you mind uploading EFI folders or a list of kext used my build is in my sig thanks.

bios posts in Safe Mode and tells me to press F1
Under boot menu i turn off wait for f1 if error

Last edited:
bios posts in Safe Mode and tells me to press F1
Under boot menu i turn off wait for f1 if error

So do you have the same problem ?

Yes thats why i use bios option wait for f1 if errors
well... at least I'm not the only one! ... did you make the installation from HS and then updating to Mojave? Or directly from Mojave?

I have HS running nicely but no Mojave, i try to upgrade from HS no luck i try to clean install still no luck,
well... at least I'm not the only one! ... did you make the installation from HS and then updating to Mojave? Or directly from Mojave?

my combination of kext and drivers not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back