Contribute
Register

[Solved] Mojave on Z390-P and i7-9700k

Status
Not open for further replies.
@skipwitit : Clover installer lets you install several Memory fixes in drivers. All those have „memoryFix“ or "AptIOFix" in their filename...
I use AptioMemoryFix64 but there are others. DO NOT use more than one at a time!!

@skroutz999 :
I also have AptioMemoryFix-64 and EmuVariableUEFI-64 in use. Have you activated „above 4G decoding“ in BIOS? Works with AptioMemoryFix64.
For the Quicklook issues and preview exists a fix in form of a kext called NoVPAJpeg.kext. Some ppl report id didn’t work for them - it did for me! I put it in kexts/10.14 not in kext/others as I don‘t need it in 10.13.6
ShikiVGA is now part of Whatevergreen. Whatevergreen does not list the shikivga parameter - so I suppose it does not do anything anymore?!

l try your patches, thx.

Can you post your EFI folder? Like many others with the Asus Prime z390-A mobo, we are having restart/shutdown issues where it always says there was a bios failure and to press f1 when we restart. Did you solve that issue?

all but one back usb working with this ssdt
only bottom inner port don't work
0ne usb 3 and two usb 2 front, usb C front and back charge my device
can any one help me figure out why one port don't work thanks.
with USBInjectAll.kext in LE. High Sierra don't test Mojave yet.

Also work with Mojave.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    738 bytes · Views: 117
Last edited:
sorry clover config

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 8.41.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 8.41.01 PM.png
    391 KB · Views: 240
Asus z390 prime
All Usb working with this SSDT, Usb C not tested.
any one have problem booting dual monitor, right now i have to turn off one monitor
and then turn it on after boot.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml.zip
    966 bytes · Views: 78
Can you post your EFI folder? Like many others with the Asus Prime z390-A mobo, we are having restart/shutdown issues where it always says there was a bios failure and to press f1 when we restart. Did you solve that issue?

I do not have that issue. The only two unresolved issues I still have are:

1. Minutes after wake from sleep system reboots (reproduceable in 10.13.6 as well as 10.14.1)
2. 3rd Monitor which is pivoted does not stay rotated 90° after a reboot (although setting is kept corect) - sleeping the displays and waking those (not the computer!) fixes that until next reboot.

yes i can post the efi folder when I‘m home again.

Sorry for not checking back up here guys. Holidays and all that. I can say after quite a bit of fumbling around in the dark and trying different things I have a fairly stable system.

Asus Bios 0602

Main things that I haven’t gotten to work is the IGPU, which I’m not sure I really am bothered by it? (Since I have an RX 64 Vega)

The other thing is sleep appears to not work? (Tries to sleep but then immediately wakes to the password prompt screen.) It’s not something I typically use though. I prefer to put the display to sleep if something is rendering etc, or to just turn the computer off when gone for longer periods of time.

I will say the Asus thunderbolt 3 card I have is extremely finicky both in OS X and Windows 10. It seems to not like to work after shutdown. It will only work when the power supply has been powered down as well and then everything brought back up. Super odd but once I do that everything seems to come up reliably everytime. Odd, and I may end up springing for the newer gigabyte card in the near future?

I’ll try and post some info on my build page for what settings I’ve used to get things working. Kind of a mess of stuff I’m sure that could possibly be cleaned up a bit but it seems to be working for now at least!

P.s. like TYR said, I haven’t had the bios failure issue either. Don’t think I’ve seen that problem yet. Are you able to shutdown correctly or are you having to do a hard shutdown/ restart everytime?

I spent a whole day trying to do a clean install of Mojave and gave up. Was about to install windows when this thread gave me hope.

I also had the dreaded 2 minute freeze. Another member who got his working tried to help me by giving me his EFI. Installation completed but could never boot from my internal m.2 NVME Samsung 970 EVO.

Crazy thing is I walked away at one point when I was in the install screen and the system was asleep when I returned! Woke up with a single click too.

As of now, what is the best way to install Mojave on an Asus Z390 with 8700k?

Correct, although it is a little annoying and not exactly good practice.

A possible fix is to reinstall Clover (from Sourceforge.net) with emulated NVRAM on the internal (boot) drive:
For emulated NVRAM select:
- Clover for UEFI booting, Install Clover in the ESP, Theme
- UEFI Drivers (defaults plus ApfsDriverLoader-64, EmuVariableUefi-64, OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 and uncheck AptioMemoryFix-64)
- Install RC scripts on target volume

Before reinstalling Clover, make a copy of config.plist and any kext files in kexts/Other in the EFI partition on your existing internal drive. After reinstalling Clover transfer any kext files to kexts/Other. (You will need to download EFI Mounter V.3 from tonymacx86 Downloads | Community Software to mount the EFI partition on the internal drive in order to copy/paste files in Finder).

Clarification needed:

What do does "- Clover for UEFI booting, Install Clover in the ESP, Theme mean?"

The ESP theme seems to be the default one.

What do I put in for default volume? The name of my HD?

Finally, do I need to specify default loader?

Thanks!

What do does "- Clover for UEFI booting, Install Clover in the ESP, Theme mean?"

[Check] Clover for UEFI booting - means install Clover to boot from an UEFI BIOS (firmware found on all modern motherboards)
(You would leave this box unchecked on older motherboard that did not have a UEFI BIOS)

Install Clover in the ESP - means install Clover in the EFI System Partition, which is hidden on the internal or boot drive.

Theme - graphics used for the onscreen Clover display - what you see when you boot your Hackintosh.

There is no ESP Theme - two separate terms.

More information here

I spent a whole day trying to do a clean install of Mojave and gave up. Was about to install windows when this thread gave me hope.

I also had the dreaded 2 minute freeze. Another member who got his working tried to help me by giving me his EFI. Installation completed but could never boot from my internal m.2 NVME Samsung 970 EVO.

Crazy thing is I walked away at one point when I was in the install screen and the system was asleep when I returned! Woke up with a single click too.

As of now, what is the best way to install Mojave on an Asus Z390 with 8700k?
The way most people have installed Mojave I've read (including my own build), has been to install high Sierra and then do an update once you kind of have things to a workable point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back