Contribute
Register

[Solved] Mojave on Z390-P and i7-9700k

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI there, @skroutz999 @Jakeofspades

I have myself an Asus Z390 Prime A, BIOS rev. 0602, with i9-9900K and a Vega RX 64. BIOS setting are very similar to those posted here, only I have CSM disabled. Everything seems to work just fine: sleep/wake, shutdown and restart but I have a weird issue with BIOS. Everything I start/reboot my bios posts in Safe Mode and tells me to press F1 :rolleyes:... then I press ESC and system boots normally ...

I cannot find any reason for my machine doing so, I also tried RAM and stock speed (2133MHz) but nothing changed! ... :banghead:

Any hints? Thanks!

Hi Azimuth1,
If you use a liquid AIO to cool your cpu, go to bios->monitor->ignore cpu fan.
Shutdown/restart works properly at 10.13.6 (I have put also in drivers64UEFI folder the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi)
Do you have any random freezes? which version of macOS do u use?

Also TYR thank you for posting your settings.

Please God the only thing I want is to stop having freezes... I have so much work to do!!

Finaly clean install of mojave, had to plug the nvme drive off cause i couldn't find how to disable it in bios, now to check what works.

Finaly clean install of mojave, had to plug the nvme drive off cause i couldn't find how to disable it in bios, now to check what works.

Gibron, please post if you experience any issues with your installation of 10.14.1 and especially if you have any random freezes.
I changed today smbios from 18.3 to 14.2 and I didn't have any freezes.... next days will tell for sure.

It was beautiful for about 3 hours running protools 10 and logic pro, until i install final cut and my system crash and wouldn't boot back up, high sierra still running great, i only had hdmi audio working on mojave, it seams like lilu and appleALC kext was causing problems
Kext that gives me audio on high sierra dont work on MJ, so im ganna reinstall after i get some sleep.

Please don't laugh, but it turns out it was my hdmi cable acting up, but why did only act up in mojave and not in high sierra strange, anyways back up trying to get audio working.

Hi all ...can any help me to make system stable ? ...I have maximux hero XI ... no sound , no wifi+bt ...my old adapter m.2 not working .... fcpx dont render ... thank you

edit:
my config.plist + EmuVariableUefi-64.efi ...I found a way for sleep/wake shutdown/restart....rest no sound .... no wifi + bt

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
It was beautiful for about 3 hours running protools 10 and logic pro, until i install final cut and my system crash and wouldn't boot back up, high sierra still running great, i only had hdmi audio working on mojave, it seams like lilu and appleALC kext was causing problems
Kext that gives me audio on high sierra dont work on MJ, so im ganna reinstall after i get some sleep.

about what kext do you say it gave you audio? ?

Hi all ...can any help me to make system stable ? ...I have maximux hero XI ... no sound , no wifi+bt ...my old adapter m.2 not working .... fcpx dont render ... thank you

edit:
my config.plist + EmuVariableUefi-64.efi ...I found a way for sleep/wake shutdown/restart....rest no sound .... no wifi + bt
You can try my config.plist Im using right now at HS 10.13.6. Also check my drivers64UEFI folder and library/extensions folder.

P.S You have to generate a new serial number from Clover Configurator.

Update: From yesterday my machine didn't have any freezes with smbios 14.2, its running for 16-17 hours now... but its a little laggy in comparison with smbios 18.3.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Extensions.jpg
    Extensions.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 148
  • drivers64UEFI.jpg
    drivers64UEFI.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 160
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back