Contribute
Register

[Solved]Fixes to Get Full Acceleration on Intel HD Graphics in iMac 17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you.
I tried what you said.
i have the intel hd 630. it is recognized by the system (airplay enabled for example and system report/graphics recognized it with the Nvidia)
I'm attaching here Korea and my efi folder. intel quick sync is not working (max video converter pro said it is not working)
what am i missing?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    388.4 KB · Views: 166
  • ioreg.zip
    847.9 KB · Views: 167
I think this is one of the problem. any idea how to solve it?

iMac-Pro:~ alex$ /Users/alex/Downloads/VDADecoderChecker

GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen9

IOVARendererID property not found

AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer

VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.

iMac-Pro:~ alex$

IOVARendererID property not found
Likely. Nvidia is not completely functional. This may be a driver issue, or the OS can not work with it. I'm not sure about Kaby Lake, is acceleration available on these new processors. They have to give out for Skylake. (Fake ID) But I know that if discrete graphics are not installed at full capacity, acceleration will not work. Unfortunately, I know too little, because I only transfer information, and I'm only 2 weeks trying to deal with Quick sync in hackintosh. The author of the shiki started this research last spring. If there is new information, it will appear somewhere.

Likely. Nvidia is not completely functional. This may be a driver issue, or the OS can not work with it. I'm not sure about Kaby Lake, is acceleration available on these new processors. They have to give out for Skylake. (Fake ID) But I know that if discrete graphics are not installed at full capacity, acceleration will not work. Unfortunately, I know too little, because I only transfer information, and I'm only 2 weeks trying to deal with Quick sync in hackintosh. The author of the shiki started this research last spring. If there is new information, it will appear somewhere.
I have the kabylake processor with HD 630 i got it working perfectly.

In your config ig-platform-id is 0x19120000. But for the skylake we take 0x19120001. The built-in graphics should not be visible in the system as the second graphics card. (About this Mac - a report on the system - graphics / monitors - Nvidia only) - to be offline, that the system used its decoder. That's for sure

tried even with 0x19120001 and nothing changes.
tried even adding the iMac.kext, to answer at this issue explained on the shaky faq:

• How can I inject IOVARendererID/IOVARendererSubID in certain NVIDIA GPUs?
    NVIDIA drivers do not properly add these values necessary for VDA decoding for Maxwell GPUs in their Web drivers. You could add them with a plist-only kext. The correct values for VP4 GPUs are:
    IOVARendererID → <08 00 04 01>
    IOVARendererSubID → <03 00 00 00>
    VP3 ones want a different IOVARendererID → <04 00 04 01>.
    Thanks to igork for noticing it.

tried as I said in my post before, but nothing changes.
here the output using iMac.kext I downloaded from you:

An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.

"IOVARendererID property not found" - error changed?

There is still a problem, there can be several. You need an experienced person to take a look at your ioreg. And pay attention to the conditions of success
  • Shiki-based solution for non-freezing Intel and/or any discrete GPU:
  • IGPU device is enabled, and present with a connector-less AAPL,ig-platform-id prop (e.g. <04 00 12 04>, <07 00 62 01>), use connector-full framebuffers in solo mode;
  • Discrete GPU is properly configured with IOVARendererID present in IOReg;
  • VDADecoderChecker confirms Intel Offline (Online) VDA decoder working;
  • IMEI device is present in IOReg;
  • No override preferences are used;
  • Mac model set to the one supporting hardware acceleration.

You have many patches in the system. If they overlap or conflict, it may not work. It happens that one wrong flag is enough. There is also a kernel cache, it is somehow cleaned. Also discard the DRM to defaults. Alas, I myself am a beginner, in difficult cases I can not be of use.

Last edited:

Same problem here. Im using this solution on z97+GTX9xx platforms without problem, but on Skylake+NVIDIA got same problem as xelanaiznac. I think it has something to do with Intel HD 530 and AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.
Anyone with Intel HD530/630 and with NVIDIA GTX9xx/10xx as primary card who does this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back