i5-7600
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This thread is for fixing Quick Sync and full Hardware acceleration in Intel HD Graphics. Although 14.1 definitions are working, In 17.1 with HD 530 and 630 it is not functioning at all. If anyone fixed this, share with others because there are many of those occurs the same problem.
In Intel HD 530 and 630 tried renaming GFX0 to IGPU with no hope.

The fixes in #16 th post.

Current Config
Intel i5 7600
H270N WiFi
8GB Corsair DDR4

ioregistery.jpeg quicksync.jpeg system properties.jpeg

Last edited:
It has something to do with the fact that on all SMBIOSes with integrated graphics it works. I try iMac 16.1, 16.2, 14.1 and Mac mini 7.1. With them Quick sync is enabled and all of them have integrated graphic from factory. So it looks like system just check if you have Mac model which was manufactured with integrated graphics and support for Quick Sync is based solely on that fact.

It has something to do with the fact that on all SMBIOSes with integrated graphics it works. I try iMac 16.1, 16.2, 14.1 and Mac mini 7.1. With them Quick sync is enabled and all of them have integrated graphic from factory. So it looks like system just check if you have Mac model which was manufactured with integrated graphics and support for Quick Sync is based solely on that fact.

You can patch your DSDT to enable QuickSync by changing all instances of GFX0 to IGPU.

It worked for me using the iMac14,2 system profile
Yes, that used to work for me too but not working in 17.1. There are any fixes?

You can patch your DSDT to enable QuickSync by changing all instances of GFX0 to IGPU.

It looks like, that renaming GFX0 to IGPU has nothing to do with it... with iMac14.1, 16.1, 16.2 QuickSync works even when you dont rename GFX0 to IGPU.

It looks like, that renaming GFX0 to IGPU has nothing to do with it... with iMac14.1, 16.1, 16.2 QuickSync works even when you dont rename GFX0 to IGPU.

Well it has something to do with it because it doesn't work without that when using iMac14,2

Well it has something to do with it because it doesn't work without that when using iMac14,2

I have no instance of IGPU in my IORegistry and I still have working hardware encoder with iMac14,2. It does complain about not finding IGPU in the IORegistry, but it still instantiates a GVA encoder and successfully encodes frames.

I have no instance of IGPU in my IORegistry and I still have working hardware encoder with iMac14,2. It does complain about not finding IGPU in the IORegistry, but it still instantiates a GVA encoder and successfully encodes frames.

How you have enabled Intel HD GFX? Via "Inject Intel" in Clover config?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back