Contribute
Register

[Solved]Fixes to Get Full Acceleration on Intel HD Graphics in iMac 17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing changed man :/ I really appreciate you trying here, maybe someone else can chime in with ideas? I can upload my IOREG file if you want

Sure, I'll take a look and see if I can't figure anything out.

I'm guessing you probably do have Encode capabilities though, (MacX Video Converter Pro)

I'm guessing you probably do have Encode capabilities though, (MacX Video Converter Pro)

Nah, MacX shows nothing. I tried playing a youtube video and GPU did nothing...Attaching IOREG + some screenshot

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 17.20.38.png Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 17.19.23.png

Attachments

• Majov Hack1nt0sh.ioreg
    9 MB · Views: 124

Nah, MacX shows nothing. I tried playing a youtube video and GPU did nothing...Attaching IOREG + some screenshot

View attachment 311124 View attachment 311125

Assuming you have imessage working and such, disconnect from the internet, backup your config.plist and try SMBIOS 14,2 or 17,1. (you can still use your serial number with a mismatched SMBIOS, I'm doing that currently)

Well, I will try that, but the thing is, I had the hw acceleration working on my system (14,2) but something changed (don’t know what) :/ I just tried installing lilu, nvidiafix, intelfix on the hdd, did nothing. I have read somewhere that when you use a dedicated gcard, you don’t need to use the Shiki boot parameters, but I tried that, and to no avail

Well, I will try that, but the thing is, I had the hw acceleration working on my system (14,2) but something changed (don’t know what) :/ I just tried installing lilu, nvidiafix, intelfix on the hdd, did nothing. I have read somewhere that when you use a dedicated gcard, you don’t need to use the Shiki boot parameters, but I tried that, and to no avail

When did it stop working? (When was it working before?)

The IOREG says your system is 14,1, which I don't think works with Quicksync? (But I'm not certain) I'm pretty sure you need the shiki boot parameters, at least 12 (4=compatible renderer and 8=High Sierra whitelist)

Oh, you might be onto something with this one. I remember tempering with the system definitions...I will try to switch to 14.2 and then to 17.1 and report back, thanks again

Oh, you might be onto something with this one. I remember tempering with the system definitions...I will try to switch to 14.2 and then to 17.1 and report back, thanks again
If you're going to do it, go to 17,1 as it's most appropriate for your hardware :)

If you're going to do it, go to 17,1 as it's most appropriate for your hardware :)

So, I booted from my install USB, with an old clover. I booted my macOS 10.13.3 installation. Nvidia was disabled, the graphics were bad. I tried macx, no acceleration. But, when I rebooted, selected my SSD as the boot drive (Clover) and deleted the -disableGFXfirmware boot arg, then booted my installation. The nvidiagraphics are not working (see screenshot), but macx shows that Intel hw acceleration is working! I dont know what is happening but I want to find out what caused this.

Btw., I properly selected the nvidia web drivers activation in Clover, but the drivers did not load. Now, I think I have to go to Multibeast -> Bootloaders -> Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM to activate the nvidia drivers, but im affraid that I will loose the HW acceleration.

Will try and report.

EDIT: Ok, so as I was expecting, after initializing the nvidiadrivers through multibeast and rebooting, macx now doesnt show HW acceleration :/

But I think we have now a clue on what is happening.

Last edited:
So, I booted from my install USB, with an old clover. I booted my macOS 10.13.3 installation. Nvidia was disabled, the graphics were bad. I tried macx, no acceleration. But, when I rebooted, selected my SSD as the boot drive (Clover) and deleted the -disableGFXfirmware boot arg, then booted my installation. The nvidiagraphics are not working (see screenshot), but macx shows that Intel hw acceleration is working! I dont know what is happening but I want to find out what caused this.

Btw., I properly selected the nvidia web drivers activation in Clover, but the drivers did not load. Now, I think I have to go to Multibeast -> Bootloaders -> Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM to activate the nvidia drivers, but im affraid that I will loose the HW acceleration.

Will try and report.

But you have not changed SMBIOS to 14,2 or 17,1?

You don't have to use Multibeast to install the Emulated NVRAM driver, do it right from Clover via Clover Configurator:

Clover Configurator> Install/Update Clover
when the installer opens, click customize, then enable EmuVariableUefi-64 and install RC scripts on Target Volume

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 3.14.04 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 3.13.56 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 3.11.52 PM.jpg

But you have not changed SMBIOS to 14,2 or 17,1?
Yes, I did, already "remapped" iMessage and AppleID (new password etc.).

Clover Configurator> Install/Update Clover
when the installer opens, click customize, then enable EmuVariableUefi-64 and install RC scripts on Target Volume

Well, I did that, I run the Clover Installer, left all options as is (customize, I made sure that those 2 things you mentioned were ticked), but again, the hw decoder is ticked off in macx. I dont understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back