Contribute
Register

[Solved]Fixes to Get Full Acceleration on Intel HD Graphics in iMac 17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
@iamsteven : Are you getting HW decoding in browsers other than Safari?

@iamsteven : Are you getting HW decoding in browsers other than Safari?
I submitted an issue on the developer's GitHub and received a response. Now I have fully working hardware acceleration from VDADecoderChecker. (However I downgraded from 10.13 to 10.12.6, and Netflix seems broken on Safari)

As stated by @umran23 , I somehow acquired full hardware acceleration by force updating the dyld_shared_cache:

sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force​
However, hardware acceleration stopped working after several reboots. So at last, I used the patched framework by the developer and the hardware acceleration is working happily ever since.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick Sync working for me on High Sierra with iMac18,3 system definition and HD 630.
  • ig-platform-id = 0x59120003
  • Fake ID IntelGFX = 0x59128086
  • Lilu.kext version 1.1.7
  • IntelGraphicsFixup.kext version 1.1.7
*Lilu.kext 1.2.0 and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext 1.2.0 did NOT work.

Quick Sync working for me on High Sierra with iMac18,3 system definition and HD 630.
  • ig-platform-id = 0x59120003
  • Fake ID IntelGFX = 0x59128086
  • Lilu.kext version 1.1.7
  • IntelGraphicsFixup.kext version 1.1.7
*Lilu.kext 1.2.0 and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext 1.2.0 did NOT work.
Did you try booting with "shikigva=12" flag? You'll need to inject the latest shiki release kext too to fully support hw decoding. Right now I think you must be getting only quick sync encoding.

I'm on the lastest Kexts and have full hardware acceleration, but I also needed to use the patched kext referenced in post #273. A step in the right direction!
are you using this on Sierra or HS?

Sierra 10.12.6
Can you confirm if the HW acceleration is working in Firefox/Opera/Chrome, any one of them. I see GPU usage only in Safari.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back