Contribute
Register

[Solved]Fixes to Get Full Acceleration on Intel HD Graphics in iMac 17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
still no luck getting my both my HDMI Audio and Video Acceleration work at the same time. Has anyone made both to work? just curious if it's even possible.

I also notice that previously, I could watch trailers in iTunes but now with I can't. iTunes just freezes.

update (post #248 ) : I can watch trailers again in iTunes after my successful install of both HDMI Audio and hardware acceleration.

Last edited:
has anybody been able to enable acceleration with High Sierra? I am holding off updating until there is. :)

Hi I have a Acceleration on High Sierra and QuickSync
1. Install High Sierra and
2. Install Clover or update to the last version and with Multibeast 9.2.1 use the HD 530 patch, iMac 14,2 or 17,1 Definition (and others patch for your system)
3.Install on /System/Library/Extensions (maybe works in EFI partition EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13) the next Kexts:
upload_2017-9-30_13-1-27.png upload_2017-9-30_13-6-21.png
4. With the EFI partition mounted, edit your config.plist with Clover Configuration and use the nexts patches in the pictures:
upload_2017-9-30_11-38-45.png upload_2017-9-30_11-40-16.png upload_2017-9-30_11-41-26.png
5. Restart the system and you must have Full Graphics Acceleration and for the sound use de Toleda's ''audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3'' patch (and HDMI patch).
upload_2017-9-30_11-15-49.png

I hope you help!

What are the highlighted FakePCIID used for?

Hasn't this changed to -shikigva=1 in the new version?
FakePCIID usually used for not native compatible hardware (for HD 530 is not necessary)

Yes, shikigva=1 in the new version. My mistake, sorry! :p

I now have High Sierra installed with graphics acceleration and HDMI Audio.

I put all my kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ only (not in L/E and not in S/L/E)

FakeSMC.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID.kext
shiki.kext
USBInjectAll.kext <----- had to delete this though coz it was causing the system to be stuck at apple logo during boot up

1. Added boot argument -shikigva=1
  2. I then disabled SIP and applied Toleda's audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3 and rebooted
  3. applied audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.5 and rebooted
  4. ticked Rename HDAS to HDEF to disable
  5. added 3 AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer patches into config.plist > Kernel and Kext Patches
  • HD530 Port 5 HDMI fix
  • HD530 Port 6 HDMI fix
  • HD530 Port 7 DVI fix

I didn't need to apply the below patches though. usually I would test if I have the video acceleration after every reboot so I would know which part broke it. lol

I didn't need to add the below though. but thanks for confirming this is possible!

4. With the EFI partition mounted, edit your config.plist with Clover Configuration and use the nexts patches in the pictures:
View attachment 282115 View attachment 282116 View attachment 282117

yeah I always download the latest. i figured it out, I had to put my SSDT-USB-H170N-WIFI.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI , installed the kext again and no more problems. although I guess I could have just continued not having it as I seem to have no problems also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back