CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Intel integrated
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I don't know what the issues is... For some reason, it looks like your system restarts right after the Aptio fix and macOS never really starts to load.
yes, that's why I was hoping that @pazziards would comment on what his BIOS version is. I think that most likely is why his EFI works on his computer, and mine results in sadness.

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Intel integrated
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
sorry, @pastrychef i meant to ask: is there any problem (long term or otherwise) as to why I shouldn't try and create a Legacy Boot version to test? I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the nuances of why this wouldn't be good......

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.1GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
sorry, @pastrychef i meant to ask: is there any problem (long term or otherwise) as to why I shouldn't try and create a Legacy Boot version to test? I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the nuances of why this wouldn't be good......
I have no idea... I've never tried legacy boot and don't know anything about it at all.

Motherboard
dell XPS 9360
CPU
i7 7660u
Graphics
iris plus 640
Mobile Phone
iOS
hey guys!!!! sorry for have been absent for a long time... just let me read about the last threads and than I'll replay... hoping I can help

Motherboard
dell XPS 9360
CPU
i7 7660u
Graphics
iris plus 640
Mobile Phone
iOS
So, my bios revison is 1.15.5 , that, checked on Dell website, it's the last one... I've installed Catalina with this version.

But one thing that i don't remember ( did'nt read back all posts), is if I've already told you abaout DVMT modification in BIOS...for do this I needed to Disable CFG-Lock...I had to do this on my Dell XPS too...

If I've get it's meaning, it will let Mac os to write variables in bios that the os needs for CPU power management and other stuffs... by unlockinbg this, I can set the total ammount of preallocated memory for get osX boot on a larger res display.... maybe I'am confusin my self and everyone else lol...

But @TomJones, how did you set the bios?

Just a little upgrade: ?ve bought a Wi-Fi PCI-e card that enable continuity and Handoff... afther some weeks, I've installed a R9 Nano .... BOOM!!!! Proud to say that it was awesome!!! But to much HOT!!! lol

Don't give up TommyLeeJones :cool:, I'll try to suport as much as I can

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Intel HD 530
Try this with only HD 530. I don't know how to make r7 240 work so make sure it is pulled out of the system.
Hi pastrychef,
I used the EFI you provided for Optiplex 7040 SFF i5-6500 (Intel HD 530) but it is causing KP. I worked on a different EFI version and i got mojave installed but the graphics is shown the common 7mb with artifacts. I will attach my EFI and help is appreciated.

Attachments

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.1GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi pastrychef,
I used the EFI you provided for Optiplex 7040 SFF i5-6500 (Intel HD 530) but it is causing KP. I worked on a different EFI version and i got mojave installed but the graphics is shown the common 7mb with artifacts. I will attach my EFI and help is appreciated.
What is the kernel panic that you get?

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Intel HD 530
What is the kernel panic that you get?
Hi,
Excuse my limited knowledge. The code goes fast at the very end before the system just reboots. I tried to catch it with my cell phone cam.

Attachments

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.1GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi,
Excuse my limited knowledge. The code goes fast at the very end before the system just reboots. I tried to catch it with my cell phone cam.
Please post the video somewhere. The kernel panic already scrolled off the screen.

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Intel HD 530
Please post the video somewhere. The kernel panic already scrolled off the screen.
Here is the version that i started to mess with before the Panic and this one boots and works fines the only issue was the Graphics card (Intel HD 530) which is showing 7mb with glitches & artifacts.

Attachments