i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

If you've been following this forum, you may already know that I have a fully working Big Sur machine, and that I wrote a guide for this laptop, coming from Mojave (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...using-opencore-efi-installation-guide.224591/)

Big Sur works great, everything works. However, now I'm trying to update to the first public beta of MacOS Monterey, and I can't do it. I updated to latest OpenCore & latest kexts, and I even re-did my config.plist. In fact, I ended up deleting the downloaded update, downloading it again, re-doing the EFI folder, but it still can't update.

If I boot from "Macintosh HD", it starts the update process, and I end up getting something related to "No port micro restart (we don't support SMC on this platform)", and the system restarts. I can just select my boot drive and boot into Big Sur again, using the same updated EFI folder, and everything works. But if I reboot and retry updating, the same error occurs. Of course, I tried restoring the NVRAM multiple times too. So, in resume: I have the latest OpenCore, the latest kexts, can boot and use Big Sur without issues, but can't update to Monterey and I don't know why and what else to try.

Attached is the EFI folder I'm using (deleted smuuid and other sensitive info from Platform Info).

Attachments

• Copia de backup2EFI.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 225
  • IMG_5110.jpeg
    IMG_5110.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 787
I am having the same issue as you with my HP Kaby Lake laptop. I too cannot upgrade to 11.4.

I have however found a solution elsewhere online and think it can be resolved using vsmcgen=1 in the boot-args.

I found the same info, but adding vsmcgen=1 did not solve this particular problem with Monterey. I also know that some people have problems with CpuTscSync and replaced it with another kext, but that’s for a different problem (anyway, I tried that too, but the problem persists).

Hi!

If you've been following this forum, you may already know that I have a fully working Big Sur machine, and that I wrote a guide for this laptop, coming from Mojave (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...using-opencore-efi-installation-guide.224591/)

Big Sur works great, everything works. However, now I'm trying to update to the first public beta of MacOS Monterey, and I can't do it. I updated to latest OpenCore & latest kexts, and I even re-did my config.plist. In fact, I ended up deleting the downloaded update, downloading it again, re-doing the EFI folder, but it still can't update.

If I boot from "Macintosh HD", it starts the update process, and I end up getting something related to "No port micro restart (we don't support SMC on this platform)", and the system restarts. I can just select my boot drive and boot into Big Sur again, using the same updated EFI folder, and everything works. But if I reboot and retry updating, the same error occurs. Of course, I tried restoring the NVRAM multiple times too. So, in resume: I have the latest OpenCore, the latest kexts, can boot and use Big Sur without issues, but can't update to Monterey and I don't know why and what else to try.

Attached is the EFI folder I'm using (deleted smuuid and other sensitive info from Platform Info).
disable BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext

I did. And enabled BlueTool, that is for MacOS 12. But the problem persists.

EDIT: I got a log from OpenCore. Attaching it here.

Attachments

• opencore-2021-07-06-092530.txt
    256 KB · Views: 272
I did. And enabled BlueTool, that is for MacOS 12. But the problem persists.

EDIT: I got a log from OpenCore. Attaching it here.
you still have it enabled in your files from post 1

I know. That is because those files are what I’m using for Big Sur. I just switch injector to bluetool when I try to update to Monterey leaving all the other files as is, and I get the error. I’ll attach the files im using on a usb drive to test some things and a new log if I can get some new info adding debug=0x100 and keepsyms=1

I know. That is because those files are what I’m using for Big Sur. I just switch injector to bluetool when I try to update to Monterey leaving all the other files as is, and I get the error. I’ll attach the files im using on a usb drive to test some things and a new log if I can get some new info adding debug=0x100 and keepsyms=1
best to upload files that you are actually using...

Ok, I disabled a useless quirk and swapped the injector with blue tool again. Same error. Attached is the EFI folder I'm using right now to test the installation.

Attachments

• backupEFI.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 192
Ok, I disabled a useless quirk and swapped the injector with blue tool again. Same error. Attached is the EFI folder I'm using right now to test the installation.
try without lilucpu=8
HibernationFixup
CPUFriend
CPUFriendDataProvider
CpuTscSync
SidecarFixup
SMCProcessor

assume you have sip enabled via recovery? also you didn't mess around with snapshot on your machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back