Not open for further replies.
try without lilucpu=8
HibernationFixup
CPUFriend
CPUFriendDataProvider
CpuTscSync
SidecarFixup
SMCProcessor

assume you have sip enabled via recovery? also you didn't mess around with snapshot on your machine?
SIP is enabled in my system, yes. I haven't touched anything about snapshots. I'll try with your suggestion.

EDIT: Ok, tried disabling those kexts and removing lilucpu=8. Same outcome. :(

Last edited:
Ok, here are some pictures of what I’m seeing on screen before it restarts.

Attachments

• CB8FFF4E-4058-4D2C-9998-4FDD772147D5.jpeg
    CB8FFF4E-4058-4D2C-9998-4FDD772147D5.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 185
  • E10F6A0A-662B-4547-B4CD-9B1CEC155BE8.jpeg
    E10F6A0A-662B-4547-B4CD-9B1CEC155BE8.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 151
  • 640E21A7-2E05-44C7-A712-EFDA7CB27BAB.jpeg
    640E21A7-2E05-44C7-A712-EFDA7CB27BAB.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 131
  • 5F62F0D5-FFB0-4FB9-864F-BCA15B94EDF6.jpeg
    5F62F0D5-FFB0-4FB9-864F-BCA15B94EDF6.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 129
  • 1D482DC8-8938-498A-830C-85B01A6012DA.jpeg
    1D482DC8-8938-498A-830C-85B01A6012DA.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 144
  • A5AE6DD4-CEDE-474E-9F55-C580242E8ECF.jpeg
    A5AE6DD4-CEDE-474E-9F55-C580242E8ECF.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 186
Ok. With these exact files and configuration (attached), I now updated from the latest standard Big Sur version, to the latest beta Big Sur version with no problems. Everything works as intended.

Then, I tried to update to Monterey again. It downloaded the whole update files package all over again (12 gb or so), I did the process to start the update, it asked me to reboot, and I get to the same point as before (see my previous message with screenshots). I'm at a dead point now, I don't know what else to try, and clearly the problem is Monterey, even if I have all the kext and OpenCore updated as you can verify.

Attachments

• backEFI.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 72
Ok. With these exact files and configuration (attached), I now updated from the latest standard Big Sur version, to the latest beta Big Sur version with no problems. Everything works as intended.

Then, I tried to update to Monterey again. It downloaded the whole update files package all over again (12 gb or so), I did the process to start the update, it asked me to reboot, and I get to the same point as before (see my previous message with screenshots). I'm at a dead point now, I don't know what else to try, and clearly the problem is Monterey, even if I have all the kext and OpenCore updated as you can verify.
maybe an issue with your .aml file try without and the config.plist renames to determine

also add a standard SSDT-EC and SSDT-PLUG

which files may present the issue?

meaning ssdt-ec for desktop or NON-usbx?
there is only one .aml file present

why desktop ec file? this is a laptop thread....

maybe an issue with your .aml file try without and the config.plist renames to determine

also add a standard SSDT-EC and SSDT-PLUG
Tried all this, and more, and same outcome.

After many hours, I decided to update the bios, as I was not using the latest version. Long shot, but who knows. Anyway, after updating it, the error was different! The error was a cpu kernel panic (ACPI). As I've seen this happening to many people using cputscsync in Monterey (it is already reported on their Github), I tried the temporal fix that some people are using: switching to tscadjustreset. I thought I was on the correct path, but sadly, I was wrong, because the cpu does not panic anymore, but my attempt to update to Monterey ends in the same exact spot as before. I can't even reach the installer. And of course, Big Sur still boots and works fine with the same exact EFI folder (and with cputscsync). In resume: I went back to the beginning.

Tried all this, and more, and same outcome.

After many hours, I decided to update the bios, as I was not using the latest version. Long shot, but who knows. Anyway, after updating it, the error was different! The error was a cpu kernel panic (ACPI). As I've seen this happening to many people using cputscsync in Monterey (it is already reported on their Github), I tried the temporal fix that some people are using: switching to tscadjustreset. I thought I was on the correct path, but sadly, I was wrong, because the cpu does not panic anymore, but my attempt to update to Monterey ends in the same exact spot as before. I can't even reach the installer. And of course, Big Sur still boots and works fine with the same exact EFI folder (and with cputscsync). In resume: I went back to the beginning.
Why not try my EFI. It is the latest set up for i7-7500U and is compatible with Big Sur and Monterey. Just uncheck LapicKernelPanic in the Kernel > Quirk section (as that setting is for HPs).
> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...re-i7-7500u-amd-r7-m260-10-13-6-guide.309923/

This is being really strange now. I re-did the EFI folder following Dortania's guide, and taking another's EFI folder in account too, to compare patches and such. I tried different combinations of patches, and even removed my aml and added some new and generic ones. The error persist. I can't update to Monterey. Attached is the EFI folder I'm using now to test. As you can see, it is different than before, and it is pretty clean, so I don't know why I'm still unable to update.

NOTE: I had another update pending. Big Sur beta 5. I updated to it without issues.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back