Contribute
Register

[Solved] Can't update from Big Sur to Monterey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have some news.

After several days testing different things and cleaning my EFI, I FINALLY FOUND THE SOLUTION! It was all about the quirks. Even if it all worked great in Big Sur, for some reason I needed to active a couple more quirks to be able to upgrade to Monterey.

If anyone else has this problem, with that MSU 1130 error or something like that, this is what I did. I don't know if all of this is required, but hey, it's what I did, it solved the issue, and as Monterey is now installed and perfectly working I can't test if some steps are not required, so here's the list of things I did:

- Deleted the APPLE folder inside my EFI folder.
- Enable "AllowRelocationBlock", "ProtectMemoryRegions" and "SyncRuntimePermissions" in the Booter section of my plist.
- Leave all the other quirks exactly as I had them.
- Misc -> Security, I set SecureBootModel to Disabled.
- Reboot the system, and in the picker I chose Clear NVRAM.
- Boot Big Sur. No issues booting. Run the Monterey update again. This time, I had the feeling that it took a little longer than before.
- System reboots, and the update process begin. Everything went smooth, and after some time, Monterey loaded and everything works, wi-fi, bluetooth, graphics acceleration, sound...

This is now marked as solved. Thank you all!
My monterey installer runs, reboots to installer and then reboots back to big sur. Not sure what was wrong. I followed your instructions and now running monterey with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back