Intel Core 2 Duo E7300
Graphics
GeForce 9300
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi folks,

I have successfully installed Sierra on an MSI MS-7531 motherboard (from a prebuilt c. 2009, Nvidia MCP7A chipset, integrated GeForce 9300 working nicely with only "Inject NVidia" ticked in Clover configurator) with a C2D E7300 and 4GB of RAM. After patching the DSDT to rename the ALC888 "HDAC" device to "HDEF" and adding its layout-id and thus achieving sound with toleda's CloverALC script (though not without some modifications, as my codec was located at IOReg/HDEF@8 instead of HDEF@1 where the script normally checks) and patching AppleAHCIPort to show internal drives as internal instead of external, the only issues remaining are HDMI audio (not a top priority), dual monitor with the VGA port (most likely related to an incorrect NVCAP, will try and fix this myself) and, of course, non-working shutdown and restart.

The symptoms are: no signal on the display, no power to all USB devices, HDD audibly parked, yet the fans are still spinning and do not stop even after many minutes of waiting.
I have unsuccesfully tried using FixShutdown in Clover, as well as HaltEnabler. I have Generate P-/C-States ticked in Clover configurator, and I have also tried FixShutdown and HaltEnabler in conjunction with C6, which also did nothing. I have also tried modifying the _PTS method in the DSDT, which also did not help. I do have a feeling that my issue is related to the DSDT; or maybe it's a secret hope, because I would prefer not to use any kexts for such a trivial task.

I have attached my DSDT and config.plist to aid troubleshooting. I would have loved to be able to post some kind of log, too, but I don't know how to do that.

I would be very grateful for any kind of assistance. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-Z68A-D3-B3 (UEFI)
CPU
Core i7 2600k
Graphics
GeForce 960
I have the same issue. Didn't understand why. Upgraded from El Capitan.

You can force a shutdown by holding the power button for an extended amount.

Restart into Recovery (command R) and run the Disk Utility on your Macintosh HD.

Motherboard
MSI MS-7531
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E7300
Graphics
GeForce 9300
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
You can force a shutdown by holding the power button for an extended amount.

Restart into Recovery (command R) and run the Disk Utility on your Macintosh HD.
Thanks for the disk utility suggestion, I'll try that. I tried booting in single user mode and rebooting with the "reboot" command - didn't work either, froze after some unsuspicious log messages. Should something have showed up there if permissions weren't accurate?

Motherboard
MSI MS-7531
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E7300
Graphics
GeForce 9300
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Update: Disk Utility did not help, no change in symptoms. Can any of you DSDT wizards help me out here?