E7300
Graphics
9300GT
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi folks,

I have successfully installed Sierra on an MSI MS-7531 motherboard (from a prebuilt c. 2009, Nvidia MCP7A chipset, integrated GeForce 9300 working nicely with only "Inject NVidia" ticked in Clover configurator) with a C2D E7300 and 4GB of RAM. After patching the DSDT to rename the ALC888 "HDAC" device to "HDEF" and adding its layout-id and thus achieving sound with toleda's CloverALC script (though not without some modifications, as my codec was located at IOReg/HDEF@8 instead of HDEF@1 where the script normally checks) and patching AppleAHCIPort to show internal drives as internal instead of external, the only issues remaining are HDMI audio (not a top priority), dual monitor with the VGA port (most likely related to an incorrect NVCAP, will try and fix this myself) and, of course, non-working shutdown and restart.

The symptoms are: no signal on the display, no power to all USB devices, HDD audibly parked, yet the fans are still spinning and do not stop even after many minutes of waiting.
I have unsuccesfully tried using FixShutdown in Clover, as well as HaltEnabler. I have Generate P-/C-States ticked in Clover configurator, and I have also tried FixShutdown and HaltEnabler in conjunction with C6, which also did nothing. I have also tried modifying the _PTS method in the DSDT, which also did not help. I do have a feeling that my issue is related to the DSDT; or maybe it's a secret hope, because I would prefer not to use any kexts for such a trivial task.

I have attached my DSDT and config.plist to aid troubleshooting. I would have loved to be able to post some kind of log, too, but I don't know how to do that.

I would be very grateful for any kind of assistance. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    28.4 KB · Views: 216
  • config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 343
I have the same issue. Didn't understand why. Upgraded from El Capitan.

Update: Disk Utility did not help, no change in symptoms. Can any of you DSDT wizards help me out here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back