Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an issue with a new Asus GT710 graphics card. Bought as I want to run a third DVI monitor with my setup. I had 1 x DVI and 1 x HDMI running off integrated graphics fine. Was going to use GT710 for 3rd monitor to dump plug-ins and windows on when editing. The problem is with only the new monitor plugged into the new card there's some serious conflict with Inject Intel in Clover and HDMI graphics were a mess. I then tried running main screen (DVI) and HDMI off new card and 3rd monitor off integrated but this causes issues with screen blackout and reboot. Every now and then it works but isn't stable and eventually freezes / crashes. Even with just HDMI and DVI plugged into new card I have reboot issues - Apple logo - half load bar - crash.

I'm wondering if I have to change the boot order of graphics in BIOS somehow? Or am missing something in Clover Configurator? EFI attached below. Haven't installed any drivers for the card (can't find for Mac) but others have mentioned it should work OOB.

Intel i7 4790k
Gigabyte Z97
Intel HD4600
Asus GT710 1GB DDR5
PSU Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400W
OS - Sierra

Thanks

Attachments

• EFI (2).zip
    16.4 MB · Views: 40
Got an issue with a new Asus GT710 graphics card. Bought as I want to run a third DVI monitor with my setup. I had 1 x DVI and 1 x HDMI running off integrated graphics fine. Was going to use GT710 for 3rd monitor to dump plug-ins and windows on when editing. The problem is with only the new monitor plugged into the new card there's some serious conflict with Inject Intel in Clover and HDMI graphics were a mess. I then tried running main screen (DVI) and HDMI off new card and 3rd monitor off integrated but this causes issues with screen blackout and reboot. Every now and then it works but isn't stable and eventually freezes / crashes. Even with just HDMI and DVI plugged into new card I have reboot issues - Apple logo - half load bar - crash.

I'm wondering if I have to change the boot order of graphics in BIOS somehow? Or am missing something in Clover Configurator? EFI attached below. Haven't installed any drivers for the card (can't find for Mac) but others have mentioned it should work OOB.

Intel i7 4790k
Gigabyte Z97
Intel HD4600
Asus GT710 1GB DDR5
PSU Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400W
OS - Sierra

Thanks
you are injecting Intel in your config.plist, that should be set to false

also no kexts in clover/kexts/other

Any thoughts? EFI attached.
You don't even have FakeSMC in the kexts/other folder. You should probably also be using AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of
OsxAptioFix2drv. Put Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts in the other folder. If you are using Catalina all your kexts should be in the "other" folder and not in /L/E. Then try booting again without inject intel and see what happens.

you are injecting Intel in your config.plist, that should be set to false

also no kexts in clover/kexts/other
Yeah but as mentioned with this off the resolution of the screen goes mad. Zoomed in and could barely remount EFI without 3rd party app as couldn't scroll down.

These kexts are in that folder?

USBInjectAll.kext
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext

Yeah but as mentioned with this off the resolution of the screen goes mad. Zoomed in and could barely remount EFI without 3rd party app as couldn't scroll down.

These kexts are in that folder?

USBInjectAll.kext
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
i didn't realise you already have a thread opened, no need for another one?

i have moved your posts back here

yes, have your kexts in clover/kexts/other because you have set config.plist InjectKexts=Yes

also you may need lilu and whatevergreen.kext... maybe

Will try other recommendations thanks. On OS Sierra.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 18.57.36.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 18.57.36.png
    486.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 18.57.28.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 18.57.28.png
    497.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 18.57.17.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 18.57.17.png
    454.6 KB · Views: 40
disable the igpu in bios and try to use just the GT710
remove any gpu fixes in clover config any boot switches for gpu and any kexts for gpu

disable the igpu in bios and try to use just the GT710
remove any gpu fixes in clover config any boot switches for gpu and any kexts for gpu

This worked a treat DVI and HDMI now running stable from GT710. Just re-enabled intel graphics to get 3rd monitor on board graphics but getting no signal to monitor just keeps jumping from Digital to Analogue then standby. No crashes though! Inject Intel still set to false.

You don't even have FakeSMC in the kexts/other folder. You should probably also be using AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of
OsxAptioFix2drv. Put Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts in the other folder. If you are using Catalina all your kexts should be in the "other" folder and not in /L/E. Then try booting again without inject intel and see what happens.

FakeSMC back in (don't know why it wasn't there). Can't find AptioMemoryFix.efi - where would I? Problem if on an older version of CC? I put Lilu in Kexts but same for Whatevergreen can't find it? On OS Sierra. As mentioned above issue is now just running 3rd monitor off integrated graphics.

Thanks

System working with 2 screens from graphics card no problem. I re-injected Intel to try and get 3rd monitor working from DVI IGP (otherwise doesn't come on) which made monitor come on but system was flaky. Had some screen distortion at top of 3rd monitor - apart from that things seemed OK until I opened Pro Tools and had authorization errors and corruption issues. After that I started getting errors from Systems Preferences about it crashing (basically anything system related) and not being able to open Finder.

Latest EFI attached.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.5 MB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back