Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97 Chipset base motherboard
CPU
Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHZ
Graphics
XFX Radeon RX 570 XXX
Help needed!

Trying to add a third monitor to my setup but when connected (VGA) after initial load the screens go to blackout / standby mode.

Gigabyte z97
Intel i7 4790k
Intel HD4600

I currently use a Dell monitor connected via DVI as my main monitor and a TV monitor mounted to the wall connected via HDMI. I'm trying to add a third monitor (Samsung b2030) connected to the VGA output on my board but no joy. I've been in BIOS but haven't seen what I need to change. The screen resolution fits within the Z97 parameters.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I'm trying to add a third monitor (Samsung b2030) connected to the VGA output on my board
Stop trying. Apple doesn't support VGA connections. It won't work. They gave up on Analog video over 10 years ago. MS still hasn't yet. Not sure why, probably to keep business customers happy.

You could buy a PowerColor RX 570 that still has a DVI-D output. Then use the HDMI output and adapt one DP output to what ever else you need, even VGA. Here's a link to one:

https://www.newegg.com/powercolor-radeon-rx-570-axrx-570-4gbd5-3dhd-oc/p/N82E16814131717?

Last edited:
Right OK thanks good to know. I don't really want to have to install a new graphics card if it can be avoided. What about a VGA to DVI active converter like this?

I expect the quality could be a bit reduced but I only need the extra monitor to dump plug-ins onto when working.

VGA to DVI active converter like this?
Won't work. No VGA support. You can either spend money on a gfx card or be happy with two monitors.

Won't work. No VGA support. You can either spend money on a gfx card or be happy with two monitors.

I got a new graphics card and have installed. Several issues but am narrowing down - after trial and error I am running HDMI and DVI from the new card [Asus GT710 1GB] which kind of works but isn't stable. The machine reboots a couple times then seems OK. Picture, on / off are fine. I'm then running the third screen from onboard DVI output. Every now and then this works but it's intermittent and unreliable often causing the computer to restart..

I wanted to run the main monitor and hdmi screen as it was before (from onboard graphics) as it was working and I was hoping I could just add the third screen to the new card via DVI but this meant terrible graphic glitches on the screens from the onboard card whilst using the GT710 aswell.

Any thoughts? EFI attached. Inject Intel enable as need it for onboard graphics and when I disable it resolution went mad.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.4 MB · Views: 96
how many outputs has your GT710? mine had 3 all working OOB

3 - DVI, HDMI & VGA

Asus Geforce GT710 1GB DDR5

I should note I'm working in Sierra there's a lot of support for High Sierra but haven't been able to find a solution yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back