Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right I need some serious help now.

I downloaded and installed whatevergreen.kext following the 'An Idiot's guide to Lilu and it's plug-ins' on tis site. I installed Whatevergreen using the method mentioned to Library/Extensions but now when I boot my machine the boot disk doesn't even load. I get the clover start-up screen but the disk (which normally does a count down load) isn't there..?!

Please help!

Attachments

• thumbnail_20200323_095311.jpg
    thumbnail_20200323_095311.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 43
Right I need some serious help now.

I downloaded and installed whatevergreen.kext following the 'An Idiot's guide to Lilu and it's plug-ins' on tis site. I installed Whatevergreen using the method mentioned to Library/Extensions but now when I boot my machine the boot disk doesn't even load. I get the clover start-up screen but the disk (which normally does a count down load) isn't there..?!

Please help!
you will have to zip and upload your clover folder so someone can take a look at your files

you will have to zip and upload your clover folder so someone can take a look at your files

How can I do that if I can't get past the Clover boot screen?

I think I know what it could be. As per the guide I changed the following in clover.

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>
</dict>

I changed the 3 to 67 in the CsrActiveConfig

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>

Would this affect the startup disk loading?

As per the guide I changed the following in clover.
How did you edit the config.plist ?
using a text editor can corrupt the formatting rendering it useless, a corrupt config.plist is the same as no config.plist at all.

How did you edit the config.plist ?
using a text editor can corrupt the formatting rendering it useless, a corrupt config.plist is the same as no config.plist at all.

I edited it in clover under text mode

Do you think it is because I changed <string>0x3</string> to <string>0x67</string> or because of Whatevergreen kext install?

Do you think it is because I changed <string>0x3</string> to <string>0x67</string> or because of Whatevergreen kext install?
boot with your usb stick and try to access your desktop

Don't have one now last did an OS update 2+ years ago. Just tried opening the OS Drive on my laptop as an external to see if if I could get back into CC from there but (obviously) laptop can't read it as it's an OS drive.

I'm going to look at making a bootable drive from a USB - can this work without doing a fresh install though? I have a copy of config .plist on USB which I used to post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back