Contribute
Register

[README] Common Problems and Workarounds on 10.14 Mojave

The FAQ has correct kext installation procedures:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Note: IntelGraphicsFixup/NvidiaGraphicsFixup/etc deprecated/moved to WhateverGreen.kext.
I have done the requested fixes "as far as I am aware" and still am getting a black screen after sleep, also note that when I hold power button down to reboot it boots me into the bios as a "fail safe" here are the new debug files

edit looking at kextcache.log again I missed ones here:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fd2f47bad70 [0x7fff926a98e0]> { URL = "WhateverGreen.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }
will fix accordingly and report back.

Attachments

• debug_29101.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 76
sorry for the wasted time, I did not realize this was only laptop support, it was the only "read me" I could find on Mojave at this time, I am on a desktop. not a laptop, but at least some issues I had our now fixed, just not my problem that brought me here

Yeah, desktop questions off-topic in laptop forums.

i sucessfully installed mojave on dell 7472... the problem is the graphic hd 620 shows ony 620mb and the video resolution is only 1280x720 ..it cannot be adjust to 1080P... my igipu id is 0x191b0000...please help... what kext to patch mod i have to do in config plist for hd620 to obtain full q1/q2 acceleration? please help

i sucessfully installed mojave on dell 7472... the problem is the graphic hd 620 shows ony 620mb and the video resolution is only 1280x720 ..it cannot be adjust to 1080P... my igipu id is 0x191b0000...please help... what kext to patch mod i have to do in config plist for hd620 to obtain full q1/q2 acceleration? please help

Open a separate thread with full problem reporting files as per FAQ.

3. Removing Harddrive/SSD and installing macOS externally with a USB to SATA cable (seems that it avoids APFS conversion).

This worked for me while on the betas, however it doesnt anymore on the release version. (idk if this have been posted here, sorry if it's a double post).

Is it possible to avoid setting BIOS to UEFI+CSM mode or setting Clover resolution to 1024x768 when booting to Mojave with garbled screen? Just like it was until Sierra inclusively.

Is it possible to avoid setting BIOS to UEFI+CSM mode or setting Clover resolution to 1024x768 when booting to Mojave with garbled screen? Just like it was until Sierra inclusively.

You could try it.

Back