Contribute
Register

nvidia-update - Simple way to install nVidia web drivers

Updated here, without any problems except the Nvidia-thing:) Unfortunately, the Script is not working for me. I have 3 Monitors, just one is working..and its flickering, the behaviour is the same as when I switch back to Mac-Driver. The script seems to be installed, there is no "incompatible Version" remarked anymore. But thats all..

I had to revert the system to the backup cause it was displaying an error saying the driver wasn't compatible and disabling it, even though the driver was running. I have dual GPUs and this version is useless.
FYI - Latest *30.107 still breaks OpenGL on my dual GFX card hack. Reverting back to patched *25.106... sigh.

Still got a strange issue. The script ran fine. I ran it again today to double check:

Martins-iMac:~ martinwakely$ bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh)

Downloading driver blacklist...

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 140 100 140 0 0 555 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 557
Downloading driver list...
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 58430 100 58430 0 0 40627 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 40604
The latest driver revision is 387.10.10.10.30.107
387.10.10.10.30.107 is already installed.

When I use the built in 630 graphics in the I7-8700K, my Apple Cinema Screen is recognised and works at the expected resolution.

When I connect the same monitor to the display port output on the GeForce 1050ti, the monitor is not recognised as an Apple Cinema Display, and doesn't run at full resolution.

Any idea what could be happening?

Regards
Martin

installed web drivers and the kext... but can't boot without SSDT-DiscreteSpoof patch...!
Any help is appreciated

Back