Contribute
Register

nvidia-update - Simple way to install nVidia web drivers

Does this work on 10.3.4?
We have a similar build, except for the graphics card. How did it go with this?

Does anybody tested the 387.10.10.10.30.106 driver version released today?

Does anybody tested the 387.10.10.10.30.106 driver version released today?

Did a clean install of 10.13.4 yesterday and the script installed 387.10.10.10.30.106 ... at least for me, on a 1080, everything is very nice and smooth!

No weird glitches, http://madebyevan.com/webgl-water/ is 99% stutter free, screen turns back on after standby, video playback, etc.

Clover updated to 4439.

OpenCL results also improved compared to the last stable Nvidia driver,but might be due to me using system definition 14,2 now instead?

# Model API Platform Compute Score
2290934 iMac14,2GeForce GTX 1080 OpenCL Mac OS X 64-bit 183270
2280930 iMac (27-inch Retina Late 2015)GeForce GTX 1080 OpenCL Mac OS X 64-bit 171128

Also, the "real" mac people are starting to report improvements: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...idia-gpu-lag-yet.2088300/page-9#post-25990904 ;)

Last edited:
The latest version 387.10.10.10.30.106 should be blacklisted. I tried the script at the post you linked here timcharper and my system could not login, but the script on the first post of this topic does not work since this version is not blacklisted. So I had to use the other script but with the old stable version as follows:

Code:
bash <(curl -s https://vulgo.github.io/webdriver) 378.10.10.10.25.106

I had to revert the system to the backup cause it was displaying an error saying the driver wasn't compatible and disabling it, even though the driver was running. I have dual GPUs and this version is useless.

I had to revert the system to the backup cause it was displaying an error saying the driver wasn't compatible and disabling it, even though the driver was running.
NVIDIA's app doesn't work properly with that patch. There is also the ngfxcompat=1 boot argument in recent NvidiaGraphicsFixup that lets you use any driver. The repackager applet (credits: Pavo, bogdanw) attached to the linked thread would work well with that method too.

Ok something strange happened with my setup. Working on High Sierra 10.13.4
I am using a MSi GL62m 7Rex laptop, it has a Nvidia GT 1050 Ti chip.

This is my first Hackintosh, I tried making the Graphic chip work (and it kinda does now)
I used the 'script' for terminal (from this thread) to install the Nvidia Driver.
In Clover Configurator I accidentally enabled (dart=0, nvda_drv=1 and nv_disable=1) I know it is strange... (With only nvda_drv it won't boot, only nv_disable=1 / nvidia driver back to default macOS Graphics Driver)
I had to leave Inject Intel enabled (under Graphics) in order to make MacOs boot and since it has integrated HD Graphics.
In System Parameters I have NvidiaWeb enabled and inject Kext = Yes (Used the kexts advised such as FakeSMC, Lilu and NvidiaGraphicFixup).

I installed the EmuVariableUefi (without it doesn't recognize the Nvidia Chip).
And now I have my laptop working on High Sierra 10.13.4 recognizing both Intel HD Graphics and Nvidia Chip. :D :D

I had to revert the system to the backup cause it was displaying an error saying the driver wasn't compatible and disabling it, even though the driver was running. I have dual GPUs and this version is useless.
xpzone and I have issues too with running dual GPUs with the two latest drivers

Back