Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell me how you all run VLC in the background?
Do you start a random clip/movie and set it to repeat manually each time after booting the system? Or are you using a startup item to do this?

And what do you mean by running in background? Minimized or something?

Doesn't seem like a to great 'solution' but maybe it's a workaround till i get a new graphics card.

Also, my system was running very stable on 10.8.2 using the 304.10.20f04 version of the nvidia driver with the corresponding framwork from the macbook retina 10.8.2 update, but since upgrading to 10.8.3 the freezes are back so it seems....

Would it be an option to install those previous drivers again on 10.8.3 or will it screw up my system?

If you backup your 10.8.3 drivers, u can always install the previous ones and recover. But I think it would not be easy to revert the whole system back to 10.8.2 though.

If you backup your 10.8.3 drivers, u can always install the previous ones and recover. But I think it would not be easy to revert the whole system back to 10.8.2 though.
It's easy by using a TimeMachine backup.

@grassmudhorse

OK, i have added the efi injection lines to "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" and deleted GraphicsEnabler=Yes

result:
NO SIGNAL on Monitor, in other words Black Screen.

I also have tried adding the line GraphicsEnabler=Yes with the efi injection lines, but also No Signal & black screen

So now i'm back with only GraphicsEnabler=Yes, and it worked again.

Looks like the efi injection lines don't works for me.

Anyway, thanks you very much for your help!

i went back to 10.8.2 its perfect.10.8.3 hasnt got any extra features what i need to update

i updated my perfect 10.8.2 to 10.8.3. i got many freeze in few hours. i tried with old drivers and still no success so i recloning my backup and enjoy the 10.8.2 :)

Any news about 10.8.3? is there any patch to the graphic kext that fix freezes in 10.8.3??

does aolivero's fix stil work on 10.8.3 and 560ti? :)

no, dont update! 10.8.2 the perfect at the moment.

Nobody with the good news about having 10.8.3 working as good as 10.8.2.?
Should we stick to 10.8.2 a bit longer till someone post the "magic solution"!
... For now 10.8.2 is maybe still the one to stay with ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back