Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love it if someone could confirm/deny this working on a 1GB 560Ti before I get all excited!

with gigabyte 550 ti 1gb:

i have mac pro 3.1 so i can easily install the nvidia driver. after restart: faster, and play games on fullscreen without any problem (L4D2, Civ5 or another steam games) - can quit aaaand no glitches etc. wake no work for me but i never use that.. so its done for me thanks for all and for nvidia:)

Works for Gigabyte GT 430 : sleep/wake, change resolution, games to full screen, everything seems perfectly

z68ma-d2h-b3 uefi bios
Gigabyte GT430 1Gb low profile
MacPro 3,1

Works perfectly with Macmini_5.2 and graphics card EVGA GTX 550 ti 2g. Just extract the kexts with Pacifist and install. The topic can be closed. Congratulations to all who made ​​use of their right of consumers and press for support of NVIDIA.

I haven't been able to actually get the kexts to update. They are still the version from August 14th. The extracted kexts from the installer are September 3rd and different sizes.

Any ideas?

Would removing the card and then trying to install the kexts help?

So my previous reports of everything being fine was wrong :(

FYI: This doesn't work with 10.8.2 (12C43). I assume Apple will be incorporating this and thus fixing it BUT it doesn't work at the moment. The machine boots, video crashes after login, login window redisplays, etc.

Attachments

• WindowServer_2012-09-11-101031_Dads-L702x-MacBookPro.crash.zip
    9.4 KB · Views: 115
We've waited a couple months for this. Thank Cupertino it finally came!

I was slightly confused about which kexts to move with kextbeast so ended up changing my system ID to Mac Pro.

Seems fine so far :D Downloading Portal 2 to see if I can run it fairly smoothy!

I don't have any freeze problem, but again, i don't use sleep.
The strange thing is that using imac12,1 smbios and opencl fix on lion, i get flash acceleration; if i use macpro definitions, flash does not accelerate. Any clue why ?
Under ML, i tested macpro3,1 4,1 5,1 and imac12,1 , openclfix from multibeast, but still no flash acceleration, it works but with high cpu usage compared to lion. Any clue if this new driver fixes the acceleration ?

also i'm trying to find the best AGPM settings for my gtx 550ti , the interface is a little jerky no matter what i do :(

I would like to have acceleration enabled in ML too, and preferably on a MacPro definition. Any help guys ?

Thanks in advance !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back