Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to extract the kext files from the driver with pacifist.

You could also try to change your SMBios to a compatible Mac model.

You could also try to change your SMBios to a compatible Mac model.

That's what I did. Set mine to MacPro 3,1

I can confirm that this does fix the wake/sleep problem. However, for me, if I plug in a second monitor to the other DVI port on my card, it shuts down the primary monitor and the secondary monitor doesn't come on. Good news, though, is that if I then unplug the second monitor, the first monitor comes back on without being frozen.

Progress.

I'm still hoping for dual monitor support. Maybe I'm missing a setting?

That's what I did. Set mine to MacPro 3,1

I can confirm that this does fix the wake/sleep problem. However, for me, if I plug in a second monitor to the other DVI port on my card, it shuts down the primary monitor and the secondary monitor doesn't come on. Good news, though, is that if I then unplug the second monitor, the first monitor comes back on without being frozen.

Progress.

I'm still hoping for dual monitor support. Maybe I'm missing a setting?

I have a dual monitor setup and it works just fine. Have you tried booting with both monitors attached? You can also try to boot with the -x option to see if both monitors come on in safe mode, or with the -f option to force a rebuild of the boot cache (helps sometimes)

I have a dual monitor setup and it works just fine. Have you tried booting with both monitors attached? You can also try to boot with the -x option to see if both monitors come on in safe mode, or with the -f option to force a rebuild of the boot cache (helps sometimes)

I did boot with both attached. Ended up with blank screens on both. I'll try booting with the other options and see what happens. I'll report back shortly

No joy on either. Both resulted in blank screens. The only time I got both working at the same time was when I added a custom device-properties key. That forced me into Apple Software Renderer and both ports worked at once.

Edit: To be clear, I removed that key, so that's not it

I have extracted the kexts with pacifist, installed with kexbeast, run kext utility, turned off the system. Changed the 9600gt with my 550ti again. Turned on the system, crossed fingers, and ...

It fu*ing works! At last! Fu*ing card! Hahahaha! (laughing mad)

Thank you tonymac community and thank you nvidia!

I have extracted the kexts with pacifist, installed with kexbeast, run kext utility, turned off the system. Changed the 9600gt with my 550ti again. Turned on the system, crossed fingers, and ...

Do you have another monitor to try dual monitor? Trying to figure out if it's my system or card

I'm now thinking it's my system since I just had another wake freeze (just a black screen).

Congrats!

Now, since I've conveniently skipped the last 30-odd pages, any chance of getting all this in an easily n00b-chewable write-up? My Lion is 99% working and stable with 550 Ti and so far I have been holding off ML upgrade due to the preceding 74 pages of documentation. So, whenever someone has a chance, energy and will, please let the secrets flow onto a step-by-step guide. I bow and thank you in advance!

EVGA GTX 550Ti
=> Doesn't worked for me...
Monitor still black after wake up
Cinebench Score dropped down to 43.53 frames
Still 1536 MB in System Profile (unimportant one)
Doesn't tested iTunes/Youtube Fullscreen Freeze yet..

EDIT: Tested with MacPro3,1 and the Nvidia Installer....
EDIT2: Don't find Channel Exception anymore in Console (strange)

EDIT 3: QuakeLive -> switching to fullscreen and back SUCCESS!!!! That one didn't worked before!
EDIT 4: Everything works fine now, except the wake up. But no more channel exception after wakeup anymore... so maybe its something else @ my system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back