Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, thanks!

Well, you have asked them for the 550ti, but what for all other nVidia Cards that have this issue? Maybe they can fix for 550ti, and all others are ****ed up.

Im assuming that they might be brought in with the same update, but I didn't ask.

You still shouldn't feel guilty, but you should know you are in direct violation of the EULA by installing OSX on 'foreign' (non-apple) hardware. The fourth line reads :
"For use on Apple-branded Systems"

Not going to stop me, and you can't tell me that a large percentage of that three million downloads apple is boasting for Mtn. Lion didn't end up on Hackintosh, I really believe that it is something that Apple is very aware of and their are reasons why they seem to be supporting more and more hardware.

Of course they are tracking us, like we are tracking them. it's all about share.
Apple learned from us, etc.. just watch the iphone some (cydia) apps, that are now integrated in official iOS that wasn't before.

Of course they are tracking us, like we are tracking them. it's all about share.
Apple learned from us, etc.. just watch the iphone some (cydia) apps, that are now integrated in official iOS that wasn't before.
true
dont forget , apple renamed Mac osx to OSX !!! and ,,, why apple adds the device id for a lot of Gtx 4xx 5xx 6xx in nvidia driver ... day by day we see more support , anyway there is someone need to these card to work with OSX maybe apple or nvidia :)

true
dont forget , apple renamed Mac osx to OSX !!! and ,,, why apple adds the device id for a lot of Gtx 4xx 5xx 6xx in nvidia driver ... day by day we see more support , anyway there is someone need to these card to work with OSX maybe apple or nvidia :)

How to make ur gtx 550ti work on mountain lion

://youtu.be/JCVEjRymIoI

I watched your video with some interest.

Most of us have the 550Ti working correctly as long as we don't do certain things: computer or display sleep. Changing resolutions. This thread is specifically focused on these issues, yet you present no evidence that those functions are working correctly. If we prevent the display from sleeping, and avoid the numerous other behaviors that can cause the card to start throwing "Exception!" errors in console.log, we too can use the 550Ti in Mountain Lion.

Could you please post a video of your computer waking and sleeping properly? Changing resolutions? Playing a game and entering and exiting full-screen mode?

I do appreciate your contributions, and I apologize for my skepticism, but a lot of people here have tried replacing kexts with no success - sleep / wake remains broken, or post kext-replacement OpenCL is broken, OpenGL is disabled, etc.

Thanks for working to help resolve this issue -

I watched your video with some interest.

Most of us have the 550Ti working correctly as long as we don't do certain things: computer or display sleep. Changing resolutions. This thread is specifically focused on these issues, yet you present no evidence that those functions are working correctly. If we prevent the display from sleeping, and avoid the numerous other behaviors that can cause the card to start throwing "Exception!" errors in console.log, we too can use the 550Ti in Mountain Lion.

Could you please post a video of your computer waking and sleeping properly? Changing resolutions? Playing a game and entering and exiting full-screen mode?

I do appreciate your contributions, and I apologize for my skepticism, but a lot of people here have tried replacing kexts with no success - sleep / wake remains broken, or post kext-replacement OpenCL is broken, OpenGL is disabled, etc.

Thanks for working to help resolve this issue -

sure i will show the video now.. full screen in the sense in utube or other apps ?
and secondly related with the game.. today i am gonna buy a new game and play .. and show u guys the gameplay too.
related with sleep and wake up its the only problem i have.. But i dont think its important.. IN my opinion though..

Thanks for the video. I wasn't having gaming / video issues but I knew that some were - again, specifically after display sleep. If you're not sleeping your computer / display, that most likely accounts for why the card works so well for you.

No disrespect intended, but I've seen multiple posts from you claiming to have a fix for the 550Ti issues. As the title of the thread indicates, we are looking for fixes to the sleep / wake / freeze issue. Unless I am mistaken, you don't have a solution to offer for this issue, or additional insight into the cause of the issue?

I understand that you don't care if sleep / wake works; we do! :) And again, no disrespect intended - but 100% of people with this card are having issues, and when people are announcing that they've found the solution, people get their hopes up. They spend time following your directions, hoping that it will solve their issue. There is a good chance that someone will find themselves worse off for having followed your directions (or having made a mistake while trying to follow them).

Instead, it is more helpful (IMO) to attempt to reproduce the problem, and post all the information you have about the crashes / hangs / reboots WHATEVER that take place when you try. Announcing that you've solved it only serves to derail the thread and causes headaches for people who believe that following your directions is going to solve their "Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze" problems. :)

Having said all this... I am sincerely happy that your card is working well for you. :) Regards -

Thanks for the video. I wasn't having gaming / video issues but I knew that some were - again, specifically after display sleep. If you're not sleeping your computer / display, that most likely accounts for why the card works so well for you.

No disrespect intended, but I've seen multiple posts from you claiming to have a fix for the 550Ti issues. As the title of the thread indicates, we are looking for fixes to the sleep / wake / freeze issue. Unless I am mistaken, you don't have a solution to offer for this issue, or additional insight into the cause of the issue?

I understand that you don't care if sleep / wake works; we do! :) And again, no disrespect intended - but 100% of people with this card are having issues, and when people are announcing that they've found the solution, people get their hopes up. They spend time following your directions, hoping that it will solve their issue. There is a good chance that someone will find themselves worse off for having followed your directions (or having made a mistake while trying to follow them).

Instead, it is more helpful (IMO) to attempt to reproduce the problem, and post all the information you have about the crashes / hangs / reboots WHATEVER that take place when you try. Announcing that you've solved it only serves to derail the thread and causes headaches for people who believe that following your directions is going to solve their "Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze" problems. :)

Having said all this... I am sincerely happy that your card is working well for you. :) Regards -

honestly apart from sleep or wake there aren't any issues..
I respect ur words my brother.. Yes to some people sleep or wake is important.. but people that cant afford more greater cards than this ( like me ) can go ahead with my idea..
Well again i respect ur views.. coz i have had any problems playing games too.. as to tell u .. I have ssd and 16 gigs of ram...
i7 processor.. so that might be the solution also.. as i have running the comp in high specs

honestly apart from sleep or wake there aren't any issues..
I respect ur words my brother.. Yes to some people sleep or wake is important.. but people that cant afford more greater cards than this ( like me ) can go ahead with my idea..
Well again i respect ur views.. coz i have had any problems playing games too.. as to tell u .. I have ssd and 16 gigs of ram...
i7 processor.. so that might be the solution also.. as i have running the comp in high specs

But there is. I use my system 8-10 hours a day. The first day I used the 550 and disabled sleep. My computer locked up on me and got weird blocks. This happened resulting in having to reboot about 4-5 times throughout the day. It happened during use as well as comin back from the screen saver.

I swapped for my 8400 gs and it has worked flawlessly for the last two days including sleep. No lookups what so ever. No weird blocks.

Well, I just got off the phone with apple. Told them I built a hack pro because I didn't wanna pay their egregious prices for a computer that is weaker than an average build, but I was having trouble with the 550ti. The tech said that he was very sorry to hear about the issues, and that he would check in to see if there was anything that had been documented in his files. He came back after a few minutes and said that it has been noted in the engineering docs, and that they are indeed working on it. He said it would most likely be coming out in the next update (10.8.1). I asked him if there was a timeframe set on it, but he didn't know when it would be coming out, but there was a 60 day gap between 10.7 and 10.7.1, he speculated that it would be a similar wait. Ergo, we'd have about a 40 day wait should they stick to their previous release schedules.

There is something wrong with the drivers. Apple has even acknowledged it and mentioned a possible fix in 10.8.1.

Thanks for your response. I agree with you wholeheartedly that replacing the card is a terrible option; seems like a lot of people are headed in that direction. :(

Be well -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back